Service Representative II
Company: All Children's Hospital
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Service Representative II Requisition #: 197808
Location: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL
Category: Non-Clinical Professional
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Nov. 7, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people
annually. When joining the Johns Hopkins Health System, you became
part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their
families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees.
Career opportunities are available in academic and community
hospital settings, home care services, physician practices,
international affiliate locations and in the health insurance
industry. Great careers continually advance here.
At Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital located in St. Petersburg,
FL, we offer first-class pediatric care, along with the best
lifestyle anyone could imagine. In the heart of Tampa Bay our main
campus and state-of-the-art facility is located in downtown St.
Petersburg, Florida and just minutes from restaurants, beautiful
beaches, sports arenas and a multitude of family activities.
We are committed to cultivating, nurturing and hiring the best
talent for our organization and believe every person makes a
difference in the lives of our patients and their families. As
you'll see, we take our work and our fun very seriously. We think
you're going to love it here.
Responsible for answering and directing all telephone calls to
ensure patient safety. Accurately schedules, registers, and
supports multiple hospital clinics, rehab disciplines and/or
departments. This position works collaboratively with other members
of the health care team to ensure patient needs are met in a timely
manner resulting in both patient and physician satisfaction.
- Answers and direct telephone calls in a polite and informative
manner and provides information by accessing alphabetical,
geographical, or other directories in an effort to resolve callers'
- Answers and processes all emergency calls efficiently and
expeditiously to promote patient safety.
- Schedules and pre-registers following established policies and
procedures to assure accuracy. Schedules incoming calls, outgoing
calls, and community physician referrals to facilitate scheduling
is done in a timely fashion.
- Ensures demographic information is updated and registration is
completed during scheduling to prevent errors for check-in or back
- Manages incoming requests and communication with referring
physicians resulting in the satisfaction of both JHACH specialists
and our referring physicians.
- Maintains current knowledge in all areas responding to
patient/staff requests, incoming and outgoing telephone calls and
paging to support optimal Ambulatory clinic operations.
- Adheres to department policies and procedures and utilizes
approved tools in order to provide consistent call handling
processes and traige to schedule the appropriate appointment with
the appropriate provider.
- Demonstrates customer service skills, phone etiquette, and
ability to meet productivity standards resulting in patient and
- Promotes teamwork within the immediate and extended work area
in order to foster positive employee relations.
- Demonstrates willingness to achieve personal and professional
growth resulting in staff development.
- Performs clerical or administrative tasks as needed to assure
the integrity of the program. QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma / GED required
- Minimum of three years' experience in a medical office or
clinic environment required with knowledge of medical
- The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in
writing, and have strong interpersonal and team building skills
- Knowledge of computer systems and electronic medical records is
- Must have visual and auditory acuity to operate general office
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- __X___ Ability to move freely (standing, stooping, walking,
bending, pushing and pulling) and lift up to a maximum of
twenty-five (25) pounds without assistance.
- ___X__ Category 2: Job classification is not exposed to blood
borne pathogens (blood or bodily fluids) while performing job
- Further physical demands include sitting for the duration of
two or more hours. WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Uses phone and computer throughout the work day.
- High stress, fast-paced environment. Johns Hopkins Health
System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal
Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity
and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical
disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other
status protected by federal, state, or local law.
All Children's Hospital provides expert pediatric care for children
and families from all across the state of Florida and beyond. Named
a top 50 children's hospital by U.S. News & World Report,--we
provide compassionate, state-of-the-art care for infants, children
and teens with some of the most challenging medical problems. We
are a 259-bed pediatric hospital.--
Keywords: All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg , Service Representative II, Sales , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!