Electrical & Instrument Technician- $5,000 sign-on bonus- Power Plant
Company: Disability Solutions
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: November 16, 2023
Who we areFor more than 40 years, Covanta has been at the
forefront of sustainable materials management, providing companies
and communities world-class waste and resource solutions.Through
our diverse and scalable full-service capabilities, we're leading
the charge to a carbon-negative future-reducing, reusing, recycling
and reimagining waste for the benefit of both people and planet.Our
differentiator comes from our vast ecosystem of technology,
facilities, and partnerships, trusted by the world's largest
organizations to solve their most pressing environmental
challenges, and achieve their most ambitious environmental, social,
and governance (ESG) goals.All that we're missing is you. Join us
today!!Our values Diversity, inclusivity, engagement-these are the
values that help us foster a strong sense of community within
Covanta. By embracing the unique talents, perspectives, and
experiences of our employees, we cultivate an environment that
embraces teamwork, encourages open dialogue, and provides
opportunities for growth.Job Overview Under general maintenance
supervision, the Instrument & Electrical Technician, performs
electrical and electronic work in the maintenance of motors,
control centers, and electrical fixtures in support of the entire
facility operation, maintaining the operation of the entire plant
in compliance with established production schedules and plant
requirements, in conjunction with National and Local Electrical
- Performs skilled electrical and technical work, including
testing, inspection, and repair of complex mechanical, pneumatic,
hydraulic, and electronic instruments used in power
- Inspects, tests, adjusts, repairs, and maintains high voltage
equipment of all types, including but not limited to generators, AC
and DC motors, MOV's, turbine controls, DC systems, and all other
plant-related auxiliaries and instrumentation.
- Performs work requiring a thorough knowledge of instrument
application, operation, and of the electrical and mechanical
principles involved in repair, testing, and calibration.
- Maintains alarms and automatic shutdown systems activated by
one or more process variables. PLC and DCS knowledge will be
necessary to be able to troubleshoot and analyze logic circuitry,
along with pneumatic, hydraulic, and electrical
circuitry.Qualifications: Knowledge of advanced electrical theory.
- Knowledge of N.E.C. and interpretations.
- Knowledge of ISA standards.
- Ability to work on "live" circuits.
- Ability to troubleshoot advanced motor control circuits.
- Advanced knowledge in the repair and calibration of
transmitters, analyzers, and scales
- Familiarity with DC and other emergency systems.
- PLC and DCS understanding and experience.
- Calibration of valves and MOV's.
- Knowledge of environmental monitoring equipment.
- Ability to read and understand P & ID's, instrument
installation details, and logic diagrams.
- Minimum 2 years as an industrial electrician, at least two of
which include experience in instrumentation or with adequate
training certificates, or a two-year technical degree in
- Must have a minimum of a high school diploma or
- Work in close quarters and confined spaces.
- Climb ladders and structures.
- Tolerate heights, high temperatures, and work outside.
- Can frequently lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Have the ability to don and wear a negative pressure respirator
in accordance with OSHA Regulation 29 CFR 1910.134.
- Employee is frequently required to stand, use hands to finger,
handle, or feel and reach with hands or arms. The employee is
occasionally required to sit; climb or balance, and stoop, kneel,
crouch, or crawl for extended hours.
- Ability to wear Covanta required PPE for the job and the
- Specific vision ability required by this job included close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Shift WorkThis
position works on an 8-hour shift and has on-call duties that
include nights, weekends and some holidays. Overtime will be
required.What Covanta Offers You:
- Health Care Benefits - start 1st day of employment
- Wellness Program Incentives & Rewards
- 401k - match up to 7%
- Paid Time Off (Vacation & Holiday)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral BonusCovanta is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or
protected veteran status.EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran
Status/Disability EEO is the Law Poster (The poster can be found at
Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's
experience or skills.If you are a qualified individual with a
disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable
accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to
access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of
your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by
contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: Disability Solutions, St. Petersburg , Electrical & Instrument Technician- $5,000 sign-on bonus- Power Plant, Professions , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!