Maintenance Mechanic- Power Plant
Company: Disability Solutions
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: November 15, 2023
Who we areFor more than 40 years, Covanta has been at the
forefront of sustainable materials management, providing companies
and communities world-class waste and resource solutions.Through
our diverse and scalable full-service capabilities, we're leading
the charge to a carbon-negative future-reducing, reusing, recycling
and reimagining waste for the benefit of both people and planet.Our
differentiator comes from our vast ecosystem of technology,
facilities, and partnerships, trusted by the world's largest
organizations to solve their most pressing environmental
challenges, and achieve their most ambitious environmental, social,
and governance (ESG) goals.All that we're missing is you. Join us
today!!Our values Diversity, inclusivity, engagement-these are the
values that help us foster a strong sense of community within
Covanta. By embracing the unique talents, perspectives, and
experiences of our employees, we cultivate an environment that
embraces teamwork, encourages open dialogue, and provides
opportunities for growth.Job Overview - Under general maintenance
supervision, the Maintenance Mechanic performs skilled mechanical
work in support of the overall facility operation and in
maintaining operation of the process plant and power generation
plant in compliance with established production schedules and plant
output requirements.Key Responsibilities
- Attends and participates in scheduled training and safety
programs. Knows, understands and complies with all company safety
regulations and procedures.
- Performs a wide variety of mechanical, welding, hydraulic and
pneumatic repairs, PM's and fabrication, including pipefitting,
rigging, assembly and disassembly of all types of plant operation
equipment, conveyors, piping structural reinforced plastic, and
sheet metal systems.
- Consults with operations and works cooperatively with facility
operators, ensuring that facility machinery is being repaired as
- Completes work order corrective actions and log books.
- Perform other duties as deemed necessary by the Maintenance
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Three (3) years' experience in the repair and maintenance of
- Hydraulics - is able to install seals, and to rebuild cylinders
- Conveyors - can remove, install taper locks, gearboxes,
bearings and splice belts.
- Pipefitting - can operate pipe threading machine.
- Oxy Acetylene - is able to cut and fabricate from simple
- Machining - can safely operate hydraulic press, drill press,
band saw and grinders.
- Basic Math - can add and subtract fractions and decimals.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints,
manuals rules, maintenance instructions, and other procedure
- Ability to speak and communicate effectively with supervisors
and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to complete all Maintenance & Safety Training within
prescribed deadlines, which are expected to be met as a condition
of employment. Physical Demands:
- Work in close quarters and confined spaces.
- Climb ladders and structures.
- Tolerate heights, high temperatures, and work outside.
- Can frequently lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Have the ability to don and wear a negative pressure respirator
in accordance with OSHA Regulation 29 CFR 1910.134.
- Employee is frequently required to stand, use hands to finger,
handle, or feel and reach with hands or arms. The employee is
occasionally required to sit; climb or balance, and stoop, kneel,
crouch, or crawl for extended hours.
- Ability to wear Covanta required PPE for the job and the
- Specific vision ability required by this job included close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Shift WorkThis
position works on a rotating 8-hour shift and has on call duties
that include nights, weekends and some holidays. Overtime will be
required.What Covanta Offers You:
- Health Care Benefits - start 1st day of employment
- Wellness Program Incentives & Rewards
- 401k - match up to 7%
- Paid Time Off (Vacation & Holiday)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral BonusCovanta is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or
protected veteran status.EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran
Status/Disability EEO is the Law Poster (The poster can be found at
Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's
experience or skills.If you are a qualified individual with a
disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable
accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to
access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of
your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by
contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: Disability Solutions, St. Petersburg , Maintenance Mechanic- Power Plant, Professions , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!