Information Management Analyst Lead - Remote
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Information Management
Analyst Lead for our San Antonio, Texas; Plano, Texas; Tampa, FL or
Phoenix, AZ facility. This person may also work remotely in a 100%
Remote Work Environment.
The candidates selected for this position will be working with Data
Governance and Analytics teams in USAA's Enterprise Data and
Analytics Office. The candidates will be working with Data Catalog,
Data Quality, Business Intelligence and Project Management
The candidates will be working multiple projects and collaborating
with Customers and Partners across the USAAJob RequirementsAbout
USAAUSAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking
at every level.About USAA ITOur most meaningful qualification isn't
technical, it's human. Here, we don't just sit in front of a
screen. We stand behind our 13 million members who rely on us every
day.We're proud of USAA's strong history -- and we're even more
passionate about our future. That's why we have a team of
supportive and collaborative hardworking technology professionals
focused on doing more for our members. And why we're continuing to
add innovative problem solvers to our team. With us, you'll find
exciting challenges that inspire you to continue learning and
growing.Tasks:Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks
that stem from business activities and the job role.Ensures risks
associated with business activities are effectively identified,
measured, monitored, and controlled.Follows written risk and
compliance policies, standards, and procedures for business
activities.Leverages expert data management knowledge in support of
one or many of the information management practices. - This person
may be acting in a steward capacity or considered a support role
with expertise for the information steward as needed. -Tasks may
include any of the items noted below:
- Identify and implement process improvements. -
- Lead discussions with cross-functional teams on complex
problems. - Align best practices and tools based on business
- Influence or assist with prioritization of work based on
criticality and risk
- Influence others across business areas and levels to implement
and enhance information solutions.
- Responsible for the maintenance and validity of Information
Asset Inventories. -
- Champion and support delivery of information in accordance with
Information Governance standards and data management practices.
- Lead the integration of Information Management practices into
existing processes including ability to incorporate data management
practices into new and emerging information technologies or complex
- Improve metadata to add increasing value to the
- Lead the identification of and resolution of complex metadata
concerns or issues.
- Lead Data Lineage collection and stitching to ensure complete
end to end data flow of critical data.
- Development of data quality rules, thresholds, and standard
metrics of quality for data elements that support critical business
processes in complex situations.
- Development of controls to mitigate data quality risks
including data quality plan development and overseeing the
implementation of data quality controls.
- Define and oversee high risk data quality corrective action
- Oversee compliance assessment process by reviewing and
documenting failures from data quality compliance assessment
- Analysis of Root Causes to identify existing or merging risks.
- Identify opportunities to strengthen controls and reduce residual
data quality risks.
- Influence others to implement and improve data quality
- Develop Master and Reference Data processes and procedures to
align with Enterprise Policies and Standards.
- Ensure quality and maintenance of master and reference
- Develop of archiving and purging strategies and processes for
complex situations (Data Warehouses; Data Lakes; etc.).
- Partner with IT and Legal to ensure archiving and purging
activities of data is in compliance with legal requirements.
- Oversee compliance assessment process by identifying and
escalating items that may be a risk to the corporation.
- Partner with IT and other Information Management resources to
define and implement complex Access Management strategies in
alignment with Information Governance policies. -
- Lead Privacy initiatives through classification and analysis of
- Ensure compliance and remediation of sensitive data to ensure
proper mitigation of inherent risk.Minimum requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Science discipline; OR 4 years
of related data and analytics or technical experience (in addition
to the minimum years of experience required) may be substituted in
lieu of degree.
- 8 years of experience in in an information management practice,
business application function, or data delivery OR ff Advanced
degree in a Business or Science discipline, 6 years of experience
in data and analytics, technical, or business relevant
- Demonstrated expertise to develop and implement of Strategies
or Processes related to Information Management in complex
- Proven experience leading projects or programs in which you
applied data management practices and tools to address data
management risks and concerns during data lifecycle.
- Advanced SQL knowledge including SQL-based languages.
- Demonstrates the ability to lead efforts of analysis and
resolution of problems or issues; identifies when and how to
escalate problems to the appropriate level.
- Experience in synthesizing key information/data and research in
order to recommend information management initiatives that meet
- Experience leading project teams or support teams to define,
redefine, or continue management of data.
- Experience working in Agile Methodology.
- Demonstrated expert communication skills with the ability to
deliver presentations to all levels of management including concise
presentation of complex technical details.
- Indirect leadership of others to deliver results.
- Demonstrated information management expertise including
experience coaching and mentoring others on information management
practices.When you apply for this position, you will be required to
answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5
minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to
finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your
- Experience with Metadata and Data Quality Tools and Software
(Experience Data quality tools)
- Experience identifying and managing critical data
- Familiar with data management/data governance
- Experience understanding processes and developing procedures
- Experience working in an agile environmentThe above description
reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal
functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed
description of all the work requirements that may be performed in
the job.Compensation:USAA has an effective method for assessing
market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain
competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your
experience and market position. The salary range for this skill is:
$97,200 - $175,000* Employees may be eligible for pay incentives
based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the
discretion of the USAA Board of Directors. Geographical
Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay
provided to eligible employees working in locations where market
pay levels are above the national average.Shift premium: will be
addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are
consistently scheduled for non-core hours. Benefits:At USAA our
employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical,
financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension,
life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time
off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and
various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning
and continuing education assists employees with their professional
goals. Please click on the link below for more details.Relocation
assistance is Not Available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, St. Petersburg , Information Management Analyst Lead - Remote, Professions , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!