Company: Alsco Inc.
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: May 16, 2020
Non-Exempt Alsco has been an industry pioneer since 1889. Our
company is responsible for creating and shaping many of the linen
and uniform industry standards everyone follows. We currently serve
355,000 customers in 180 locations worldwide.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for installing, repairing
and maintaining large industrial textile processing equipment, as
well as day to day facility maintenance. Tasks include start-up and
shut-down procedures, electrical troubleshooting, maintaining and
operating boilers, welding and cutting, hydraulics, pneumatics,
mechanical, and other systems. This position reports to the Chief
Industrial electrician, controlled wired, circuits high and low
voltage, 110 - 230 volts, 3 phase wires experience or similar
Our full time employees enjoy:
* Excellent Pay.
* 401(k) with matching program.
* Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Package.
* Disability and Life Insurance Package.
* Paid Time Off, Sick Time and Holidays.
* Career Advancement Opportunities.
* Additional perks: various discount programs.
* Installs, repairs and performs preventative maintenance on
industrial processing equipment, water levels, water systems and
other equipment and systems.
* Troubleshoots electrical issues.
* Responds to daily maintenance requests in a timely fashion to
minimize equipment downtime.
* Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of production
* Diagnoses problems, replaces or repairs parts, tests and makes
* Looks for opportunities to continually improve maintenance
* Works with all plant personnel in a cooperative and professional
* Strictly adheres to all safety rules, policies and procedures
required by Alsco, law, and what is recognized as common practice
in the industry.
* Ensures work is performed safely and efficiently.
* Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops
and reviewing technical publications.
* Remains current on equipment and repair procedures and best
* Studies blueprints and manufacturers' manuals to determine
correct operation of machinery.
* Maintains accurate and timely records of maintenance
* Follows written and verbal instructions and performs other tasks
as directed by supervision.
* Complies with all Federal, State and local laws.
* May work with and support other branch personnel as required by
* Drive and pick up parts, transport equipment, parts, etc.
* Minimum of two years maintenance engineering experience with
specific knowledge of machinery, electricity, electronics,
plumbing, hydraulics, pneumatics, welder and boiler
* Proficient in the proper use of power and hand tools.
* Strong electrical troubleshooting ability of 3 phase 230 volt
* PLC programming experience.
* Experience in carpentry, boiler repair, welding, and general
* Proficient in reading electrical schematics.
* Good verbal and written communication skills in English, ability
to comprehend and follow direction, perform basic math, good time
* Must be a team player with enthusiasm, initiative, and pride in
work well done; self-starter dedicated to continual quality
* High school graduate or equivalency preferred.
* Some locations may require relevant certifications, a boiler
license or PLC programming.
Typical Physical Activity:
Standing, sitting, walking, bending, stooping, reaching, twisting,
kneeling, working in confined areas, reaching overhead, driving a
forklift, grasping, moving equipment, pushing, pulling, moving
loaded carts weighing up to 500 lbs, lifting and carrying up to 100
lbs, reading, writing, speaking, hearing.
Typical Environmental Conditions:
Inside and outside areas of a typical industrial laundry facility,
which includes working with and around large machinery, variations
in temperature, noise, odors, humidity, lint and dust, in general
offices or on outside grounds.
The Maintenance Technician must perform the essential duties and
responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation
efficiently and accurately, and without causing significant safety
threat to self or others. The statements made herein are intended
to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by
employees assigned to this job classification. They are not
intended to be construed as an exhaustive and inclusive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and/or skills required of personnel so
Alsco is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Alsco Inc., St. Petersburg , Maintenance Technician, Professions , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!