Compliance Analyst I- FASG Compliance Operations
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: December 4, 2019
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Compliance
Analyst I for one of the following locations: San Antonio Home
Office II/III, Tampa Campus, Tampa Crosstown, Phoenix Campus, Plano
Legacy, Addison, Remote or Colorado Springs Campus.
While this posting is for a Compliance Advisor I position, the job
will not entail advising the Business, also known as ------first
line.------ The role will require leading and motivating compliance
advisors across multiple compliance programs in strategy
development and implementation of compliance solutions relative to
issues management, compliance monitoring, and other elements of a
Compliance Management System. Under minimal supervision, performs
moderately complex to complex work assignments and problem
resolution within program and enterprise-wide projects. Serves as
the issues management and monitoring subject matter expert that
develops and manages processes, procedures, and training that
aligns with Enterprise Compliance Standards and Procedures;
provides governance and oversight of compliance activity for same.
Will cross-train to ensure team coverage for other job
responsibilities, including Regulatory Change Management,
Complaints, RCSA Testing, Business Continuation, Procedures,
Reporting, and other subjects as required.
Provides second-line independent oversight and guidance regarding
business products, services, and processes through a compliance
framework to ensure they are executed in accordance with regulatory
requirements. In partnership with the business and key
stakeholders, continuously drives a strong culture of compliance
and demonstrates integrity and professional judgment in protecting
the interests of USAA and its members.Job Requirements
- Conducts reviews of laws and regulations for business impact
and conveys requirements for awareness and action.
- Executes compliance risk management activities in accordance
with enterprise compliance standards.
- Provides compliance input on business action plans, projects or
- Gathers information, analyzes data trends, identifies root
cause(s), and provides information to the business or project
- Ensures documents, projects, processes or product initiatives
comply with regulatory requirements and enterprise policy.
- Identifies outstanding compliance issues and oversees proper
implementation of business requirements.
- Participates in compliance risk management activities in
accordance with enterprise compliance standards.
- Serves as a resource to team members on escalated issues of a
routine nature. --Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or 4 additional years of related experience
beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a
- 4 or more years relevant work experience in financial services
or insurance industry.
- Advanced knowledge of compliance laws, regulations and
- Advanced knowledge of data analysis tools and techniques with
demonstrated ability to evaluate risk and make
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex analysis and provide
insights and recommendations to business and/or compliance
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office tools to include Word,
Excel and PowerPoint.*Qualifications may warrant placement in a
different job level*When you apply for this position, you will be
required to answer some initial questions. -- This will take
approximately 5 minutes. -- Once you begin the questions you will
not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to
change your responses.Preferred Experience:
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail, such as
recent experience with issues management, monitoring, quality
assurance, quality control, RCSA or other types of oversight,
governance and testing.
- Ability to present complex ideas in a clearly articulated, easy
to understand format such as procedures, processes and systems,
especially in conjunction with recent change management
- 2+ years------ experience working in a second line of defense
(compliance or risk) or internal audit role.
- Experience interfacing and communicating at multiple levels of
the organization within the last two years, including executive
- Experience leading projects.
- Demonstrated learning agility to adapt to continuously changing
- 3+ years of formal or matrixed leadership experience.
- Experience creating and delivering training.
- Risk or compliance designation or degree such as CRCM, CIA, M.
Jur. Risk Management, or other.The above description reflects the
details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of
the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of
all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.At USAA
our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the
business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress
environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along
with wellness and wealth building programs. -- Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education will assist you with
your professional goals.Relocation assistance is not available for
this position.For Internal Candidates:Must complete 12 months in
current position (from date of hire or date of placement) or must
have manager------s approval prior to posting.Last day for internal
candidates to apply to the opening is 11/26/19 by 11:59 pm CST
Keywords: USAA, St. Petersburg , Compliance Analyst I- FASG Compliance Operations, Professions , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!