Substance Abuse Counselor, Bachelor's Degree, Full Time, AM Shift
Company: New Season
Location: Pinellas Park
Posted on: June 26, 2019
* New Season operates a number of nationally recognized and
accredited methadone treatment centers dedicated to helping
individuals with prescription drug abuse and/or opiate addiction
regain control of their lives.
* We take great pride in treating our patients with dignity and
respect in each phase of their treatment experience
* Works with patients to complete all intakes, admissions,
discharges, and transfer paperwork.
* Documents patient progress through counseling and interaction
* Completes patient psychosocial and an individualized treatment
plan within the required time frame.
* Identifies any clinical/case management needs and works to
address those needs.
* Performs individual, group, and family counseling as
* Performs at least 20 hours of direct one-on-one patient contact
per week through individual or group counseling.
* Reports patient abuse, neglect and exploitation as required.
* Reports patient grievances as required.
* Educates patient in all aspects of treatment, corresponding
health issues and steps to recovery.
* Obtains Urine Drug Screens and initial patient photo
* Assists in monitoring all patient activities on center
* Actively participates in community relations activities as
directed and authorized.
* Ensures the reading and understanding of the Policy and
* Ensures compliance with 42 CFR Part 2 (Federal Confidentiality
Regulations) and 45 CFR, Parts 160 & 164 (HIPAA)
* Is responsible for obtaining or maintaining proper licensure
and/or certification according to specific state requirements.
* Actively participates in preparation for surveys and inspections
conducted by CARF, the State, DEA, Board of Pharmacy and any other
agency site visits as dictated by the state laws or
* Participates in all staff meetings
* Ensures compliance with local, State, Federal and Colonial
Management Group, LP rules, regulations and policies.
* Always acts in the best interests of the program and company;
honors, supports, and protects the proprietary data and rights of
* Performs other tasks as assigned by clinic, region or corporate
* Experience in substance abuse field is not required, but
* Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor\'s degree in a Human
Services related field
* Experience Required:
* Minimum of 500 hours of experience in substance abuse is
* Skill and Ability:
* Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to multitask, prioritize, and be dependable and
* Basic mathematics skills
* Competitive Pay
* 3 weeks of PTO
* Excellent Medical (EPO & PPO plans), Dental, and Vision
* FSA's and Teladoc services
* Life Insurance
* Short/Long Term Disability
* 401k with up to 6% matching
* Leadership Development Academy
* Colonial Management Group, LP./New Season Is committed to Equal
Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal,
State, and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on
the basis of race, color, age, national origin, ethnicity,
religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation,
citizenship, genetic disposition, disability or veteran's status or
any other classification protected by State/Federal laws
Keywords: New Season, St. Petersburg , Substance Abuse Counselor, Bachelor's Degree, Full Time, AM Shift, Other , Pinellas Park, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!