Operating Room - RN (Ophthalmology)
Company: CLEAR SIGHT PARTNERS, LLC
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: May 21, 2023
Come grow with us in beautiful St. Petersburg, FL! We're
offering a $2,000 hiring bonus!Are you looking to join an ASC that
is providing state of the art patient care Monday through
Friday?Pasadena Surgery Center, a Clear Sight Partner, has an
opportunity for you!At Clear Sight Partners, we are building the
region's premier destination for comprehensive vision care. We are
a team of over 130 optometrists, ophthalmologists, surgeons,
opticians, and eye care professionals serving more than 100,000
patients across 15 different locations in the Greater Tampa Bay
area. From routine eye exams and optical retail, to medical
optometry, ophthalmology, and surgical procedures, our patients
experience end-to-end personalized care and service.The OR nurse
provides therapeutic, effective patient/family centered care
according to physician order, in compliance with the philosophy of
the Surgical Center, standards of practice and regulations of
governing agencies.Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Utilizes specialized nursing knowledge, nursing process and
discriminative judgement while giving direct or indirect care.
- Provides a safe, efficient, and supportive patient
- Assesses physical and emotional needs of patients and
implements appropriate nursing interventions.
- Maintains accurate records of controlled substances.
- Assembles case carts according to schedule and preference
- Prepares patient for surgery including applying electrosurgical
return electrodes, tourniquets, etc. according to surgeon
preference and policy and procedure.
- Practices and monitors aseptic technique
- Properly labels and cares for specimens.
- Maintains adequate room supplies and performs instrument
- Transfers patient to PACU and provides all necessary paperwork
and instructions to receiving nurse.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings and in-service
- Participates in orientation of new personnel.
- Reports and completes risk identification forms for occurrences
involving patients, visitors, or employees.
- Reports to nurse manager needed repairs or maintenance of
equipment or building and removes the equipment from service. In
the absence of the nurse manager, notifies the appropriate repair
services and follows up to be certain the problem is resolved.
- Participates in inventory counts.
- Responsible for organization, restocking and neatness of work
- Assists with housekeeping tasks.
- Assists in development of policies and procedures.
- Receives, documents, and carries out physician orders.
- Participates in the Performance Improvement process and
activities including the areas of Safety, Infection Control,
Patient Education/Teaching, Documentation, Adherence To Guidelines
For Cleaning/Decontamination Of The Center, Adherence To Guidelines
For Sterilization Of Instruments And Supplies, Patient
Satisfaction, Physician Satisfaction, Compliance With OSHA
Standards, and Risk Management.
- Reports all undesirable matters, services, and facilities
requiring correction to the Nurse Manager.
- Implements safety procedures and provides continual vigilance
against accidents, fire, theft, vandalism, harm, and inappropriate
disclosure of private information.
- Performs all other duties assigned by supervisor.Position/Type/
Expected Hours of Work:
- This is a full-time position
- Variable between 0600 and the time the last patient leaves on
regular work days, dependent on assigned area.
- Subject to change according to administrative decision.
- Staff is expected to leave when work is
completed.Qualifications:Graduate of accredited school of
nursing.Currently licensed to practice in the State of Florida.CPR
certified (Healthcare Providers) and ACLS for full-time team
members.Two years related nursing experience. Experience working
with ophthalmic, general and plastic surgeries
preferred.Knowledgeable of operation, cleaning and sterilization of
surgical equipment.Knowledgeable of standard Medical Staff
Privileges.Knowledgeable and ability to respond to emergency
situations; i.e., cardiac arrest, malignant hyperthermia, drug
reactions, fire, etc.Knowledgeable of standard administrative,
medical and nursing policies and procedures.Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to demonstrate cooperative work attitude toward and
with co-team members, management, patients, visitors, and
- Ability to maintain Continuing Education as required by the
Florida State Board of Nursing.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certification in CPR (BCLS) and
ACLS (full-time positions have one year from date of hire to
- Ability to respect a patient's right to privacy, dignity, and
- Ability to understand and manage health care cost associated
with the use of suppliesBenefits
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401k and matchPI208588365
Keywords: CLEAR SIGHT PARTNERS, LLC, St. Petersburg , Operating Room - RN (Ophthalmology), Other , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...