Gel Prep Operator - C shift (days)
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: November 25, 2022
I. Department Overview:
To provide a cGMP compliant manufacturing process and continuously
improve the pharmaceutical manufacturing environment at Catalent
St. Petersburg. Create a workplace that is safe, clean,
environmentally friendly, employee friendly, highly productive,
efficient and of sufficient capacity to support the forecasted
demand as predicted by Catalent Pharma Solutions.
II. Basic Function:
Under supervision, prepare, blends and mixes batches of material by
operating blending equipment and completing batch paperwork
according to Standard Operating Procedures and applying current
Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
III. Specific Activities, and Responsibilities:
- Accurately Completes documentation related to the Gelatin
- Measures and weighs, by manual and computerized scales, gelatin
and dyes used in gelatin batches.
- Processes gelatin master batches and color conversion per
applicable SOP and batch record instructions.
- Operates production equipment as required per applicable
- Washes, inspects and sanitizes gelatin receivers and
- Performs work according to safety policies and practices
related to the position.
- Handles non-hazardous, hazardous and DEA waste.
- Maintains a clean work area.
- Notifies Supervision immediately in the event that there is any
deviation from the batch record, SOP or potential production
- Cross - training to perform tasks, operate equipment and
maintain the necessary documentation in other production
departments may be required.
- Depending on shift staffing level and/or the workload, an
operator could be assigned to perform tasks in areas, different
than her/his primary position/business unit.
- Update SOPs for assigned department as needed
IV. Knowledge Requirements:
Education or Equivalent:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous manufacturing experience and work in a GMP regulated
- Basic computer skills including Windows navigation and data
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
- Ability to read, interpret and execute written
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and combine units of
measure. Ability to calculate fractions and decimals.
- Ability to solve practical problems.
- Ability to interpret and perform work against a variety of
English instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines under pressure
- Individual required to sit rarely, stand regularly, walk
regularly and consistently lift to 50 pounds; no lifting greater
than 44.09 pounds without assistance, for a work period of up to
- Ability to push and/or pull on average 500 kg (approximately
- Successful completion of Lung Capacity test and ability to wear
- Vision requirements include ability to differentiate color
(Pass the Ishihara Color Vision Screening) and obtain 20/30 acuity
in both far and near vision with or without corrective lenses. For
Catalent's in-house screening, the acceptable score is to identify
at least 4 of 6 numbers in the circles.
- Read written documents and frequent use of a computer
- Must be able to operate industrial machinery.
- Must be able to access manufacturing floor.
- Previous manufacturing experience and work in a GMP regulated
Individual's primary workstation is in the manufacturing area,
where the noise level is high. Work schedule may include 12-hours
shift, days, nights and/or weekends including overtime as required.
Some exposure to industrial chemicals and detergents. Some handling
of flammable materials and potent drug compounds.
Catalent offers rewarding opportunities to further your career!
Join the global drug development and delivery leader and help us
bring over 7,000 life-saving and life-enhancing products to
patients around the world. Catalent is an exciting and growing
international company where employees work directly with pharma,
biopharma and consumer health companies of all sizes to advance new
medicines from early development to clinical trials and to the
market. Catalent produces more than 70 billion doses per year, and
each one will be used by someone who is counting on us. Join us in
making a difference.
Catalent is committed to the health and safety of its employees,
visitors and the customers and patients we serve. As a result of
the global pandemic, we have modified many of our recruitment and
on-boarding processes to maintain everyone's safety. The Human
Resources teams will communicate all necessary safety processes and
procedures throughout each stage.
personal initiative. dynamic pace. meaningful work.
Visit Catalent Careers to explore career opportunities.
Catalent is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the
application or hiring process due to a disability, you may submit
your request by sending an email, and confirming your request for
an accommodation and include the job number, title and location to
DisabilityAccommodations@catalent.com . This option is reserved for
individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
Information received will be processed by a U.S. Catalent employee
and then routed to a local recruiter who will provide assistance to
ensure appropriate consideration in the application or hiring
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives: Catalent Pharma
Solutions (Catalent) is not accepting unsolicited resumes from
agencies and/or search firms for this job posting. Resumes
submitted to any Catalent employee by a third party agency and/or
search firm without a valid written & signed search agreement, will
become the sole property of Catalent. No fee will be paid if a
candidate is hired for this position as a result of an unsolicited
agency or search firm referral. Thank you.
Important Security Notice to U.S. Job Seekers:
Catalent NEVER asks candidates to provide any type of payment, bank
details, photocopies of identification, social security number or
other highly sensitive personal information during the offer
process, and we NEVER do so via email or social media. If you
receive any such request, DO NOT respond- it is a fraudulent
request. Please forward such requests to firstname.lastname@example.org for us
to investigate with local authorities.
Keywords: Catalent, St. Petersburg , Gel Prep Operator - C shift (days), Other , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!