Contract: Family Counselor
Company: Family Resources Inc.
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Who we need:This position is responsible for providing
counseling services to youth and families in Family Resources
programs. The position helps problematic youth and families
identify problems and find solutions through assessment, planning,
case management and individual, family and group counseling.This is
a mid-level position in the Family Counselor series and is expected
to function independently. Routine supervision is provided with a
less detailed review as experience is gained. Initiative is
encouraged. This position maintains an active caseload and has
regular contact with clients. Services are generally provided at an
assigned location but may be required at off-site locations as
well.What you get:
Hourly Rate:Master Level - $35.00
If Licensed - $45.00Hours: Contract / As Needed
Primary Duties / Responsibilities:
- Provides counseling services to youth and families referred to
- Receive referrals and screen potential clients.
- Conduct family assessments and prepare individualized
- Provide counseling to youth and families at location that best
serves client (office, school, home or other community
- Conduct individual, family and group counseling as
- Provide and facilitate interagency and community referrals,
case management, client advocacy and discharge planning as
- Perform all administrative and record keeping tasks associated
with client case records in designated time frame.
- Meet and maintain required training on an annual basis.
- Participates in Truancy Court as needed
- Attend case consults regularly and provide a written plan for
discussion of clients and families.
- Attend staff meetings regularly; participate in peer review
activities and case staffing committee on a rotating basis.
- All other duties as assigned.Qualifications Required:
- Master's Degree in Psychology, Counseling, Social Work or
related field supplemented by a minimum of two years post graduate
experience in individual, family and group counseling.
- Florida mental health licensure or licensure eligible
(registered intern status required).
- Ability to assess familial problems and assist in developing
- Knowledge of social services referral systems.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with
- Ability to communicate in clear, effective manner both orally
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
with individuals from a variety of cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
Must demonstrate awareness and acceptance of cultural differences
of clients, staff and community contacts.
- Background compliant with requirements of the Department of
- Valid Florida driver's license, clear driving record and
current automobile insurance.
We are an EEOC employer and Drug Free Workplace
Keywords: Family Resources Inc., St. Petersburg , Contract: Family Counselor, Other , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!