Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: January 15, 2022
The Designer is an entry level role. It will be one of the primary
contacts with the Client during the design of new construction
single family homes. -Designer is responsible for initial home
design and selections throughout the duration of the
- Client Relations - Proactively communicates with the client.
Willingly assists client with answering questions or resolving
issues, even if they are not design related. Understands that the
client may not be familiar with our processes or custom home design
and building and holds their hand through out.
- Drawing - Accurately draws initial home design layouts based on
client input. Completes initial cabinetry designs and layouts.
Makes changes timely. Ensures updated drawings are uploaded and
made available both internally and externally.
- Selections - Accurately inputs all selections, details,
pricing, etc. in Buildertrend, releases to client and follows up on
approval. Schedule's client visits with suppliers and attends where
needed. Completes appropriately timed site visits to ensure
selections and designs are properly implemented.
- Scheduling - Adheres to and updates design schedule.
Communicates schedule issues and changes timely (internally and
externally). Ensures client makes decisions timely to keep job
- -Product Knowledge - Demonstrates product knowledge and
application. Works with client, supplier, subcontractor, and team
members to ensure that installation and application is consistent
with client expectations.
- Field Checks - Visit construction sites and meets with Director
of Construction and/or Superintendent to confirm initial field
layouts and ongoing construction work align with layouts and
- Follow organizational system for jobs.
- Performs other duties as assigned. - -Required
Skills/Abilities:Extensive knowledge and training in design
software (including but not limited to AutoCAD).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong time management skills with a proven ability to meet
- Ability to move to and from different jobs and/or tasks
frequently to meet deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to escalate concerns when
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related
softwareEducation and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in Residential Design layout and construction. -
- Physical Requirements:
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a
- Must be able to visit and walk job sites including climbing
stairs and/or ladders.
This entry level position is located in Redington Beach, FL and
Mon- Fri in our office.
Keywords: Lubke, St. Petersburg , Designer, Other , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!