Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Job Summary:The MedTender is passionate about medical Cannabis,
provides product knowledge to our patients and explains the
benefits of buying specific products. The MedTender delivers the
Company's retail promise to every customer visiting the Dispensary.
Provides supervisor customer service and education guidance to
registered patients and Designated Primary Caregiver ("DPC"). Take
patients orders, record sales in the Inventory Control System
("ICS"), and handle cash, and debit card transactions. Maintain an
organized environment and facility appearance.Job Requirements
- Previous retail or customer service experience preferred.
- Must be able to ensure accurate data-entry and record keeping
and have experience with ICS systems.
- Knowledge of medical Cannabis policy and law preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing, and challenging
- Proficiency in Windows-based and other software and Internet
- Point of Sale software and cash handling is a plus.Essential
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greets patients and DPC's and escorts them from the waiting
room to the secured sales dispensary. Provides orientation and
tours for first-time clients.
- Follows the Company's selling standards to meet the team and
individual sales goals and metrics.
- Drives sales and customer experience by maintaining a tidy,
safe, and well-merchandised store environment with all medical
Cannabis and related products, except samples, secured and behind a
- Models best-in-class service experience that consistently
strives to exceed customers' expectations.
- Make sales and prepares approved sales from the client.
Calculates sales price and enters into the cash register. Collects
the amount due from the client in cash or via a cashless debit
transaction. Packages order, checking to ensure each product is
appropriately labeled, including warning as required by law.
Deliver sales from ICS agent for entry. Escort client waiting room
to exit. Escort next client to secure sales area.
- Inspires customer confidence and creates loyalty to Company
- Promotes a work environment that is positive, customer-service
oriented, and compliant with established laws and regulations and
Company policies and procedures.
- Is accountable for accurately utilizing the Company's Point of
- Communicates with a patient coordinator to maintain patient
traffic flow and maximize sales and customer satisfaction.
- Responds to in-person patient requests, compliments, and
resolves simple complaints, through e-mail, or by the phone
requesting supervisor support as needed.
- Maintains organization of dispensary and through daily upkeep
and light cleaning.
- Maintains quality and appearance of the product by removing
shake and stems, while checking for mold, mildew, expiration or
sell-by dates, or defective products, and keeping samples clean and
- Maintains knowledge of all medical Cannabis, and related
products and services offered, as well as applicable state and
local laws and regulations and industry news.
- Educates patients and DPD's on medicating options and methods,
strain information, medicine effectiveness for specific ailments,
and cultivation methods.
- Provides education materials and resources for patients and
DPCs as needed.
- Records specific request, preferences, and notifications for
patients and DPCs using the EVS and ICS and follow up as
- Maintains awareness of patient input and suggested changes to
improve service or product, invites clients to use the suggestion
box in the waiting room.
- Discusses inventory levels with patient coordinator and Manager
or Assistant Manager to maintain accurate online menus and update
menus and checklist as needed.
- Coordinates supply orders with the dispensary manager as
- Other responsibilities and duties assigned by the Manager or
Assistant Manager.Additional Requirements:
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to successfully register with the state's cannabis
commission as an agent."Physical and Mental Demands:While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently
required to remain in a stationary position, move and/or position
oneself, communicate, operate and/or prepare, place, position
objects, tools, or controls. The employee must occasionally move
packages weighing up to 20 lb. Specific vision abilities required
by this job include close observation and the ability to adjust
focus. The mental and physical requirements described here are
representative of those that must be met by an individual, with or
without reasonable accommodation, to successfully perform the
essential functions of this position.Working Environment:Work is
performed in a retail environment. The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate. The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
individual encounter while performing the essential functions of
this position.EEO Statement:We are proud to be an equal opportunity
employer. We place priority in an environment of inclusion,
diversity and social justice and are committed to securing a
better, brighter way forward for our employees, our markets and our
Keywords: M--V, St. Petersburg , Medtender, Other , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!