Collation Process Tech - 1st Shift (7am - 3pm)
Company: Valpak Direct Marketing Systems, Inc.
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: November 17, 2021
Starting pay is $15.00-$16.00/hr. depending on experience. Plus
20% Shift Differential and $1k Sign On Bonus!
Valpak is hiring for Warehouse Production Associates to work in our
state of the art, air-conditioned facility. We offer a competitive
hourly rate. We also offer an attractive benefits package with
company perks. Come work for a thriving organization that is
continuing to grow rapidly.
Provides support to the Collation family by operating equipment
effectively and producing a quality product with minimal downtime.
Collation family equipment includes collators, folders, imprinters
and cutters. Follows established procedures with guidance from the
Senior Process technician.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Operates Collation equipment in a team environment, at maximum
efficiency level following process specifications.
* May independently operate cutting, imprinting or folding machines
at maximum efficiency level following process specifications.
* Minimizes machine downtime by troubleshooting and adjusting
various mechanical and software components of the collator using
technical manuals, hand tools and training. Gains knowledge of the
process and elevates non-routine system issues to the Senior
* Provides verbal and written communication to Senior Process
Technician with regard to equipment, processes, maintenance, staff
or other operational issues with the cell that may impact delivery
of the finished envelopes.
* Demonstrates behavior that sets the example within the cell in
regards to quality, continuous process improvement, safety, and
housekeeping. Encourages collaboration within the group that
creates ownership and pride in the delivery of error free first
pass quality and minimal re-work/waste.
* Performs routine preventative maintenance on assigned
* Performs data entry tasks required in various work centers
* Participates in training in conjunction with the VMC
"Progression" program to improve knowledge and skill related to the
Process Technician position. Follows a planned program of
continuous learning to complete all mandatory skill blocks.
Maintains current skills required for the position, and may pursue
additional learning through optional and/or limited skill
* May provide back-up support for the Senior Process Technician in
* Accomplishes duties using safe work practices and equipment while
being responsible for reporting all injuries or observed unsafe
practices. Coaches fellow employees on safe work practices as
appropriate and contributes to the overall success of the company's
* Performs related work and additional duties as needed or
Twelve to twenty-four months experience in a manufacturing
environment is preferred.
Requirements and Qualifications:
* Work independently and in a team environment
* Diagnose routine mechanical issues and make minor equipment
* Problem solving ability
* Basic to intermediate math computation
* Basic computer and office application skills
* Ability to effectively coach and train others
* Ability to lift/move up to 40#
* Ability to distinguish a full range of color
* Ability to stand/ walk for long periods and climb and cross a
short ladder multiple times
* Work in a noisy area using hearing protection
* Must be available to work overtime as needed, including
Keywords: Valpak Direct Marketing Systems, Inc., St. Petersburg , Collation Process Tech - 1st Shift (7am - 3pm), Other , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!