Company: Bankers Financial
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Company Value Statements
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties, all
employees are expected to demonstrate the following:
- Acting with the highest level of honesty, trust, character and
- Making a unified effort to achieve the goals of the
organization; embracing accountability for exceptional performance
- Commitment to excellence in reaching our full potential as
individuals and as an organization, surpassing the ordinary and the
expectations of our stakeholders.
- Approaching every challenge with creative energy, discovering
unique solutions to maximize success; focus on creating and
delivering compelling customer value.
- Belief in the power of a diverse workforce and in creating a
positive impact on both the environment and our community.
The Corporate Controller is responsible for ensuring that the
financial statements are prepared on a timely basis as well as
being fairly stated. This entails making sure all supporting
schedules are correctly prepared and journal entries properly
prepared and uploaded into the general ledger. This position is
also responsible for compliance filings for all the licensed states
as well as overseeing the preparation and filing of annual and
installment premium taxes.
- Planning, directing and coordinating all accounting operational
- Managing the accumulation and consolidation of all financial
data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business
- Coordinating and preparing internal and external financial
- Coordinating activities of external auditors.
- Assessing current accounting operations, offering
recommendations for improvement and implementing new
- Review month-end close for subsidiaries rolling into parent
- Providing management with information vital to the
- Managing the budget process.
- Evaluating accounting and internal control systems.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of accounting software and
supporting database as needed.
- Developing and monitoring business performance metrics.
- Overseeing regularly reporting, frequently including tax
planning and compliance.
- Hiring, training and retaining skilled accounting staff.
The following positions report to the Controller: Staff
Accountant Compliance (premium taxes & state filings), Senior Staff
Accountants, Senior Reinsurance Accountant, and Senior Financial
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Required Education and Experience
- BA/BS in Accounting, CPA required
- Experience handling accounting for multiple companies with
elimination and consolidation experience.
- Experience being the primary contact for audit relationships
and handling the PBC items.
- Experience doing technical accounting research and accounting
for new pronouncements/transactions.
- Experience handling accounting for shared services/corporate
- Experience handling multiple allocations models for various
- Experience coordinating input for annual budget and
- Experience handling coding of various invoices.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Masters in Accounting or MBA preferred.
- Lawson and Blackline experience is preferred.
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate
the general nature of the work performed; the level of knowledge
and skills typically required; and usual working conditions of this
position. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as a
comprehensive, complete or exclusive list of the duties of the
position. Additional and different duties may be assigned from time
to time. We are an E-Verify company.
Keywords: Bankers Financial, St. Petersburg , Corporate Controller, Other , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!