Legal Project Manager, Compliance
Company: General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Perform a variety of legal and corporate compliance-related
tasks to support the General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems
(GD-OTS) Legal department.
Major Position Responsibilities
- Manage compliance-related activities associated with
international business and foreign intermediaries, including but
not limited to, acting as liaison between GD Corporate
International and Legal, conducting and facilitating due diligence
requirements, drafting and renewing agreements, ensuring compliance
and completion of commission/retainer payments in accordance with
intermediary agreements, supporting agreement terminations and
close-outs, and communicating agreement requirements internally
with the International POC.
- Perform due diligence to support GD-OTS international business
- Conduct training and information sessions as necessary to
ensure internal customers understand the requirements for using
intermediaries and the details of their agreements.
- Process all GD-OTS international representative, consultant,
and distributorship contracts and payments.
- Manage compliance program for all representatives, consultants
and distributors, as appropriate, including ensuring that all
intermediaries complete appropriate training and have all necessary
certifications and registrations for conducting business in their
- Responsible for compiling, storing and retrieving compliance
reports to support financial objectives relating to intermediary
payments, and key contract milestones.
- Drive continuous improvement in the area of GD-OTS intermediary
- Administer compliance program for Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
(FCPA) and other anti-corruption requirements as required relating
to international representatives, consultants and
- Manage compliance program for all Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco,
Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) regulations across GD-OTS.
- Assist GD-OTS operating locations with implementing, renewing,
and managing Federal Communications Commission (FCC) licenses as
- Research, integrate and communicate applicable industry legal
regulatory updates for Legal Department across the
- Assist in the development of legal management tools, resource
and technologies, including templates, checklists, and forms.
- Other compliance duties as assigned.
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree (BA) and 3-7 years of relevant
- Experience with intermediaries, government agencies, and/or
- Knowledge of BATFE, FCPA, anti-bribery, and/or FCC regulations,
including licensing and permitting, preferred but not
- Works within the highest level of integrity, ethics and
- Strong computer skills, administrative data control, scheduling
and team interface.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Manages competing demands while meeting commitments.
- Operates under limited direction and exercises independent
- Ability to travel, including possible international travel, is
Keywords: General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems, St. Petersburg , Legal Project Manager, Compliance, Other , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!