Senior Data Analyst, Data Governance
Company: Raymond James
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Senior Data Analyst works closely with business units to
ensure business activities are aligned with the enterprise data
strategy. Conducts full lifecycle activities including requirements
analysis and design, developing analysis and reporting
capabilities, and continuously monitoring performance and quality
control plans to identify improvements. Assists the business in
turning data into information, turning information into insight and
insight into decisions. Demonstrates subject matter expertise and
integrates domain knowledge into work with an understanding of
financial services standards and practices. Serves as the primary
on the most complex or escalated issues, and may provide direction
and guidance to team members. Applies specialized business
knowledge and technical skills to significant deliverables and
projects that involve multiple IT departments, business units and
have enterprise impact. Makes judgements and recommendations based
on the analysis and interpretation of data.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interprets data and analyzes results using statistical
techniques. Provides reports regularly.
- Develops and implements data collection systems and other
strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data
- Acquires data from primary or secondary data sources and
maintains databases and data systems.
- Identifies, analyzes, and interprets trends or patterns in
complex data sets.
- Filters and "cleans" data, reviews computer reports, printouts,
and performance indicators to locate and correct code
- Profiles data sources using SQL and other data discovery tools
in support of data quality analysis and business intelligence
- Creates detailed business requirements for functional (e.g.,
business processes, rules) and non-functional (e.g., data,
- Works closely with management to prioritize business and
- Locates and defines new process improvement opportunities.
- Partners with team members to develop project schedules,
reports and documentation.
- May be required to act as project lead on small to medium-sized
projects and provide direction to others on the team.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business or a
related field with a minimum of five (5) years of relevant
experience. Experience in a financial services industry
- A combination of education, training and experience as approved
by Human Resources.
- May occasionally work a non-standard shift including nights
and/or weekends and/or have on-call responsibilities.
- Advanced knowledge of the following:
- Data models, database design development, data mining and
- Reporting packages, databases (SQL, etc.).
- Experience using software packages for analyzing large
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings.
Competencies and Behaviors:
- Analysis: Identify and understand issues, problems and
opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw
- Communication: Clearly convey information and ideas through a
variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages
the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Exercising Judgment and Decision Making: Use effective
approaches for choosing a course of action or developing
appropriate solutions; recommend or take action that is consistent
with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
- Technical and Professional Knowledge: Demonstrate a
satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge
in position-related areas; remains current with developments and
trends in areas of expertise.
- Building Effective Relationships: Develop and use collaborative
relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Client Focus: Make internal and external clients and their
needs a primary focus of actions; develop and sustain productive
Keywords: Raymond James, St. Petersburg , Senior Data Analyst, Data Governance, Other , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!