Company: Fresenius Medical Care
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Provide your personal attention and kindness, professional
insight, and a generosity of spirit. Offer expertise and
encouragement. Enhance each patient's future-as well as your
Connect with your goals and change lives
with Fresenius Medical Care North America.
Here, we make connections that empower patients, their families,
and our team members. As the global leader in dialysis healthcare,
we form bonds that enable the best possible outcomes and
professional satisfaction. While our extensive organization
continues to grow, so do opportunities for our professionals to
learn, grow, and advance.
Why Join the Fresenius Team?Passion. Dedication. Knowledge.
Motivation. Experience. These are the impressive qualities you'll
find in the Fresenius Leadership Team. Our strength in the North
American market and extensive global network provide our employees
with the best of both worlds-the friendliness of a local
organization and the stability of a worldwide organization-for
diverse experiences and challenging career opportunities. When you
join the Fresenius Medical Care team, you'll be welcomed into a
company that is built on the philosophy that our employees are our
most important asset. Our career advantages include the
- Fresenius Medical Care is the nation's largest provider of
renal care, meeting the needs of more than 135,000 patients at
1,800 clinics throughout the country.
- Our well-established, trusted organization fosters a spirit of
camaraderie, emphasizing friendly collaboration, professional
support, and career development.
- Superior training, UltraCare quality control, and certification
procedures ensure your potential to succeed and advance as a
- Competitive compensation and exceptional benefits.
- Outstanding tuition reimbursement program.
- Recognized among Fortune's "World's Most Admired Companies" in
- National Safety Award from CNA insurance companies for 11
- Opportunities to give back by participating in philanthropy and
community outreach programs.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Directs, administers and controls the day to day operations and
activities of dialysis facilities and programs in an assigned area
ensuring compliance with established company and regulatory
guidelines and procedures in order to provide high quality dialysis
services and outstanding patient care to the community.
Participates in the implementation of divisional and company
initiatives and strategies. Practices cost containment strategies,
maintaining profitability and growth of area while ensuring
compliance with all pertinent company policies and regulatory
Supports FMCNA's mission, vision, core values and customer
service philosophy as well as the FMS UltraCare mission, values and
standards. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including
following all regulatory and FMS policy requirements.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:
- Responsible for driving the FMS culture through values and
customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external
and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through
effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up
regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Directs and oversees the dialysis business of assigned
facilities within a defined area through effective leadership and
management of customer service, quality patient care, marketing of
FMS and responsible fiscal management. Coordinates operation
strategies and activities to ensure the provision of outstanding
quality patient care and dialysis services while adhering to
regulatory and company guidelines and requirements ensuring
efficiency and economy
- Participates in the development of area strategic plans, goals
and objectives ensuring alignment with those of the region,
division and company. Implements, disseminates and administers
operations strategies and objectives to ensure the achievement of
the division's and company's goals and objectives. Implements
facility-specific and area quality goals and action plans in order
to achieve FMS quality standards.
- Provides leadership, support and guidance to facility
management including clinical and technical managers and other
support staff and the Operations Manager. Provides informal
feedback on an ongoing basis and formal feedback in the annual
performance evaluation process. Manages the staffing through the
appropriate hiring, firing and disciplinary actions in
collaboration with HR.
- Responsible for aggressively addressing and acting upon adverse
events and action thresholds in area of responsibility.
- Mentors, guides, supports and provides subject matter expertise
to Operations Managers within region.
- Collaborates with RVP to develop clinic budgets, monitoring
performance to ensure optimal, efficient and effective operations
practices within regulatory and company guidelines.
- Responsible for profit and loss management of each assigned
facility/program including optimal performance of facility
operations to achieve or exceed budgets and key performance
- Works closely with Managed Care department to increase the
payor mix and to retain commercial patients.
- Manages the payroll and oversees facility expenses and accounts
payable for the assigned area practicing cost containment
strategies as appropriate.
- Reviews the balance sheet and income statement s regarding
revenue growth and commercial payor mix on a frequent basis to
understand the status of the business.
- Determines impact of proposed changes and identified
improvements prior to implementation to ensure a positive
- Accountable for implementing and driving the FMS Staffing and
Medical Supply Models and other FMS business initiatives including
the prompt implementation of corrective action plans for clinics
with below threshold performance.
- Ensures efficient and economical performance in accordance with
clinic operating budgets and takes the appropriate actions to
ensure the attainment of profit and year-end goals and objectives.
Responsible for the implementation and achievement of the business
plan and key performance indicators. Reviews analysis of
performance including financial and productivity data for area with
RVP and makes the appropriate changes in strategies, goals an
objectives responding to current status and conditions.
- Coordinates and oversees all logistics associated with patient
care within the assigned area.
- Ensures all employees receive the appropriate training and
education according to FMS policies and procedures including
ongoing compliance training.
- Acts as the primary liaison between the company and the Medical
Directors, Medical Advisory Board members, and referring
physicians, ensuring appropriate communication of company
initiatives. Responsible for developing and maintaining strong
Medical Director and physician relationships and facilitating
Clinical Manager and staff relationships with physicians.
- Presides over facility Governing Body and maintains
Administrative policy and procedure manuals.
- Collaborates with the Group Vice President and Regional Vice
President to respond to Joint Venture (JV) opportunities, to
identify merger and acquisition opportunities and to participate in
the related activities as appropriate. This may include but is not
limited to providing oversight of the JV operations; participating
in o JV Board meetings and JV Management meetings assuming Board
positions as needed, and taking the appropriate steps to ensure the
JVs are in compliance with all pertinent company and regulatory
- Prepares reports and audits current procedures and processes to
monitor efficiency of operations
- Practices risk management strategies and collaborates with
internal and external legal counsel as appropriate to resolve legal
issues with goal of reducing company exposure.
- Maintains current knowledge regarding community and regional
healthcare market and industry issues which may impact business.
Utilizes current knowledge of FMCNA products, services and
strategies to market the company and grow the business.
- Ensures and promotes the development of the area management
team/succession planning through coaching, training and leadership
- Collaborates with the appropriate Corporate and local groups to
ensure the growth of all modalities (Incenter, Inpatient, Home,
Home Assist, CKD etc)
- Ensures a strong and robust communications process between all
managers and staff within the area and clinics, and across the
division as needed by leading communications sessions and meetings
with managers and ensuring the appropriate dissemination of
communications to direct patient care and support staff within the
- Responsible and accountable for facility maintenance of
environmental integrity including safety of all facilities and
water systems within designated area.
- Oversees Privacy and Security compliance according to the FMCNA
and FMS Risk Management and Compliance requirements.
- Participates in all pertinent FMS training and development
opportunities to grow and develop business knowledge, and skills
and leadership competencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
Day to day work includes desk and personal computer work and
interaction with patients, facility staff and physicians. The
position requires travel between assigned facilities and various
locations within the community. Travel to regional, Division and
Corporate meetings may be required.
The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility
with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. May be
exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/materials.
- Bachelor's degree required with concentration in Business,
Finance or Healthcare preferred
- Or RN degree with equivalent (3 years) healthcare management
experience in lieu of Bachelor's degree.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free
workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Keywords: Fresenius Medical Care, St. Petersburg , Director, Operations, Other , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!