Director of Supply Chain Strategy
Company: General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Directs organizational sourcing strategies and programs meant to
identify, evaluate, and maintain a vendor network.
The Supply Chain Strategy Director will lead the development and
deployment of numerous General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical
Systems (GD-OTS) wide strategic initiatives to drive to a unified
GD-OTS supply chain engagement approach and alignment across the
business, where appropriate. The ideal candidate will focus on the
development and deployment of best practice solutions that promote
and enhance strategic business unit (SBU) initiatives. This role
will provide a wide range of cross-business support and contribute
to the preparation and deployment of enhanced supplier initiatives,
communication and engagement to aid in the streamlining of SBU and
site-level supply chain efforts. Key initiatives include Supplier
Relationship Management, Supplier Segmentation, Supplier Risk
Management, Supplier Performance and Commodity Management.
The ideal candidate must be effective at leveraging expertise,
collaborating and influencing others to execute strategic,
essential, time-sensitive responsibilities.
Major Position Responsibilities
- Oversees development of sourcing strategies to identify vendors
that meet the organization's quality, cost, or service
- Establishes policies and practices for evaluating products,
goods, or services prior to purchase, and ensures standards are
continuously met after purchase.
- Negotiates contracts and agreements and ensures compliance with
internal or external purchasing requirements.
- Identifies trends in organizational purchasing and identifies
opportunities for cost reduction through purchase
- Acts as a liaison between internal stakeholders and external
suppliers, maintaining relationships and ensuring satisfaction.
Champions the strategy to build long-term, sustainable value and
develop an GD-OTS wide sourcing strategy that leverages the GD-OTS
- Partner with SBU leaders and site supply chain professionals to
reduce cost and build an agile and responsive supply chain.
- Develop a centralized sourcing strategy that delivers a
competitive advantage while supporting product, programs and
- Lead the standardization and improvement of the GD-OTS supplier
performance methodology and supplier quality process.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Computer
Science, Finance, Accounting and Business Administration or related
field from four-year college or university; or a minimum of 10+
years of program/project-related experience, 7-10 years related USG
experience and/or training; or equivalent.
- Supply chain management experience in a manufacturing
environment is essential.
- Aerospace and defense experience is essential.
- USG contracting experience is essential.
- General Dynamic knowledge and experience is a plus.
- Ideal candidate will be results-oriented, data-driven, and an
Keywords: General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems, St. Petersburg , Director of Supply Chain Strategy, Other , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!