Sr Quality Engineer
Company: West Pharmaceutical Services
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Working at West means having an opportunity to work by the side
of our patients and customers, our global team members and the
communities in which we operate - which all help contribute to a
At West, we are by the side of patients. The work we do impacts
patients' lives each and every day - our products are a critical
part of healthcare delivery and we are proud of the role we play to
improve patient health. We work by the side of our team members. We
come together as one global team to deliver for our customers and
help them address their challenges. We are a diverse, close-knit
community of professionals, where everyone has a voice and
opportunity to learn and grow through mutual trust and respect.
With a 95 year plus history, we have a track record for success,
which includes reported sales of $2.14B in 2020. We serve by the
side of our community. Giving back is in our DNA-our team members
across more than 50 sites globally are involved with hundreds of
charities that have special meaning to them through our West
Without Borders team member-led giving program.
Supports all quality system functions. Assists in establishing
systems to support the facility to drive continuous improvements
and minimize the costs of non-conformance. Plans, investigates,
schedules, executes and communicates regarding quality issues,
complaints, validations and other projects to the QA Manager and/or
other interested parties. Performs all duties associated with
compliance-related items for ISO standards and cGMPs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze data, process capabilities, customer concerns and
expectations and any other leading or lagging indicators, which may
be used to improve product and process knowledge.
- Interact with customers in order to understand and integrate
those requirements into West manufacturing and quality system
- Identify manufacturing and development constraints. Work with
management and technical staff in performing root cause failure
analysis and implementing corrective and preventive actions to
- Assists facility with quality improvement programs by utilizing
Six Sigma tools and Lean techniques, including the education of
facility personnel on these tools and techniques
- Assumes responsibility for various assigned projects designed
to improve product quality, reduce costs and/or validate facility
products or processes, including development and implementation of
any new or required inspection methods and in-process SPC
- Participates in ISO and corporate quality system audits.
- Lead investigation and root cause analysis to internal
deviations, non-conformance reports, and OOS.
- Support validation of facilities equipment and process. Approve
engineering studies and other protocols as required.
- Complete MSAs for critical measurement systems and provide
recommendation for gauging improvements.
- Assist with the administration of the SPC data collections
system and associated training of employees in SPC.
- Performs other duties, as assigned based on business
- Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work
procedures, instruction, and all safety rules.
- Exhibits regular, reliable, punctual and predictable
- Bachelor's in Science or Engineering or equivalent
- 5-8 Years of experience
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with Customer interface and meeting customer
- Experience with Project Management Tools, Quality Risk
Management, and Six Sigma problem solving tools
- Experience with SAP and Infinity QS a plus
- Support and contribute in Lean Sigma programs and activities
towards delivery of the set target
- Able to comply with the company's safety policy at all
- Able to comply with the company's quality policy at all
- Must be able to travel up to 10 % of the time
Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Good communication skills to interact with others in a positive
- Must be able to understand direction and adhere to established
West is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at
our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
status. If you have a special need that requires accommodation in
order to apply to West, please send an email to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Where permitted by law, an offer of
employment with West Pharmaceutical Services, or any of its
subsidiary or affiliate companies, is contingent upon the
satisfactory completion of background screening and/or a
pre-employment drug screening.
Keywords: West Pharmaceutical Services, St. Petersburg , Sr Quality Engineer, Other , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!