Company: The TJX Companies, Inc.
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Solita discovered ADVENTURE working at TJX.
Every day at our stores feels like a new adventure to Solita and
she says that's what makes her work so exciting. The challenges,
problem-solving and constant variety are just some of the things
that you'll discover working with us too!
What you'll discover
Eligible Associates can look forward to:
- One-of-a-kind, inclusive culture
- Dedicated training and on-the-job resources to enhance your
- Merchandise discount for yourself and eligible family members
at all TJX Canada stores
- Associate and Family Assistance Program to support healthy
What you'll do
It's safe to say, there's no shortage of variety in what we do.
Here are some key responsibilities of the role:
- Assists in the planning, coordinating and executing movement of
merchandise from the backroom to the sales floor, maintaining
merchandise presentation standards.
- Supports merchandise presentation training of the sales floor
Associates as required
- Participate in Daily Store walk through to develop merchandise
presentation tasks and priorities for the day and week in
collaboration with Manager on Duty.
- Participate in the planning of who will complete merchandise
presentation tasks in collaboration with Manager on Duty,
leveraging the scheduled Associates and their strengths.
- Create inspirational features in areas: Power Aisles, End Caps,
FOS and High profile visual areas; i.e. Furniture and Big ticket,
based on findings and plan from Daily store walk through. MOD
delegates remainder of identified tasks to Associates.
- Create a store environment that maximizes sales through
inspirational features, power aisles and big ticket areas.
- Partner with store team and Store Operations Merchandise
Presentation to ensure clear understanding and execution of
national presentation strategy
- Drive fashion/trend, season, brand and value through
- Create inspiration through frequent feature changes in order to
provide customers with a fresh new look every day.
- Evaluate presentation standards to identify opportunities and
challenges on the sales floor.
- Support flow of merchandise from backroom to ensure merchandise
is placed on sales floor according to merchandising standards.
What you'll need
To begin your career with us, you'll have:
- Education; post-secondary certification in Visual Presentation,
Home Decoration/Design or related fields (i.e. Fashion).
- Experience; 1-3 years in visual presentation in retail
- Knowledge of retail operations including an understanding of
fashion trends, seasonal events, inventory levels and business
- Strong knowledge and passion for interior design/home
decorating within a store environment.
- Strong knowledge of all merchandise presentation standards and
proven ability to build impactful features and create an
inspirational store environment.
- Stimulates total store merchandise presentation vision in
collaboration with management team; based on inventory, trends,
season, customer need and retail industry.
- Ability to identify and articulate store presentation vision
and influence others.
- Excellent customer service, communication (verbal and written)
and time management skills
Executes the daily tasks required for Store Loss Prevention and
safety programs. Maintains strong partnerships with Store
Management. Conducts apprehensions within established policies and
guidelines. Communicates with store Associates on damage and shrink
initiatives. Identifies and resolves internal and external
Adheres to established shoplifter guidelines and policies
Provides prompt, courteous and knowledgeable service to internal
and external customers
Promotes a culture of honesty and integrity; maintains
Observes, apprehends, and/or deters any acts of dishonesty from
Participates in investigations and surveillance as assigned
Ensures apprehensions are consistent with store theft
Completes and distributes paperwork in an accurate and timely
Maintains appropriate evidence, demonstrates understanding of
law enforcement procedures and professionally participates in legal
activities as needed (e.g., police calls, etc.)
Coordinates and executes shrink related activities in
partnership with Store Management
Adheres to all labor laws, policies, and procedures
Supports and participates in store shrink reduction goals and
Encourages Associate use of shrink reduction resources
Promotes safety awareness and supports maintenance of a
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Excellent communication skills and sound judgment
Basic computer skills
Basic time management skills
Investigative / analytical skills
Ability to respond appropriately to changes in direction or
Team player, working effectively with peers and supervisors to
Able to work a flexible schedule to support business needs
- 0-2 years retail or security experience
Every day is an opportunity to discover something new about our
business, our partnerships and even something exciting about
yourself. By becoming a member of our TJX Canada family, you'll
have the full support of a diverse, close-knit group of people
across our Distributions Centres, Retail Stores (Winners,
HomeSense, Marshalls) and our Office locations. Are you ready to
Discover Different? Here at TJX Canada, we are an equal opportunity
employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all
individuals. For additional assistance please email
Keywords: The TJX Companies, Inc., St. Petersburg , 70118-LP Detective, Other , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!