Athletic Trainer I/Athletic Insurance Coordinator
Company: Eckerd College
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: June 8, 2021
ECKERD COLLEGE JOB DESCRIPTION
Position Title: Athletic Trainer I/Athletic Insurance
Immediate Supervisor: Director of Sports Medicine
FLSA Status: Exempt, Full-Time (10 months)
Assists the Director of Sport Medicine in all aspects of the
day-to-day function of the sports medicine department. Also assists
in sports coverage for Eckerd College's NCAA Division II athletics
program, and serves as a main point of contact between Eckerd
College Athletics and all insurance providers.
Essential Functions (other non-essential duties may be
Provide athletic training services for the College athletic
department as directed by the Director of Sports Medicine,
including attendance at scheduled team practices and competitions
as deemed necessary.
Assist in the coordination of scheduling all student-athletes
for physical examinations, and medical referrals.
Consult with the Team Physician(s) for guidance on the treatment
of injured student-athletes, and report on their progress.
Assist in recruiting and maintaining local physicians to serve
as team physicians and medical consultants, and to assist with
pre-participation physical examinations.
Assist the athletic staff in efforts of injury prevention.
Maintain the athletic training facilities and equipment, keeping
them in good working condition and using meticulous sanitation
Maintain supplies for the treatment of injuries, first aid, and
Assist with clinical supervision of athletic training students
from accredited programs.
Assist with the compilation, input, organization, and
maintenance of all medical records on College student-athletes, and
share in the responsibility of maintaining and organizing the
online athletic training facility filing system.
Secure and maintain all student-athletes' insurance policy
Review and approve insurance claims and medical bills associated
with a student-athlete's intercollegiate sports injury.
- Serve as main contact between Sports Medicine department and
athletic injury insurance claims personnel in regards to athletic
injury claims, billing statements, EOB's and all other supporting
documentation as needed.
Position(s) Directly Supervised
- Athletic Training Students
- Student Workers
- Knowledge of NCAA compliance rules and regulations.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in
- Ability to exercise sound judgement in making critical
decisions regarding health, safety, and well-being of student
- Basic knowledge of medical insurance and intercollegiate
athletic insurance processes.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
- Must be able to move and transport equipment and supplies up to
- Frequent prolonged periods of standing or walking.
- Frequently works outdoor practices and games in varying
temperatures and weather conditions.
- Frequent after-hours work (early mornings, nights, weekends,
- Occasionally operates motor vehicles, including golf
Education, Experience, and Professional Certifications
- Bachelor's degree in Athletic Training or related field; 2+
years of sports medicine/athletic training experience at the
college level preferred
- Active certification by the Board of Certification (BOC)
- Active National Athletic Training Association (NATA)
- First Aid/CPR/AED professional certification.
- Licensure by the Florida Department of Health, or eligible for
- Valid driver license.
Eckerd College is committed to fostering a diverse faculty,
staff, and student body, and an inclusive campus community. Eckerd
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age,
gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or
any other characteristic protected by law. Eckerd College is
especially interested in attracting candidates from historically
Eckerd College https://eckerd.hirecentric.com
Keywords: Eckerd College, St. Petersburg , Athletic Trainer I/Athletic Insurance Coordinator, Other , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!