Transition Technology Support Consultant
Company: Raymond James
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Under limited supervision uses specialized knowledge and skills
obtained through experience, specialized training or certification
to provide technical support for new financial advisors joining
existing Raymond James and Associates (RJA) and Raymond James
Financial Services (RJFS) branch offices. In conjunction with the
Manager, Private Client Group Services (PCGS), acts as a liaison
between the transition department, information technology (IT)
department and outside vendors. Leads defined work or projects of
moderate scope and complexity. Resolves or recommends solutions to
moderately complex problems. Extensive contact with internal
customers to ensure technology needs are met, and to identify,
research and resolve problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consults with existing branch management and/or new advisor to
determine workstation needs for incoming financial advisor.
- Coordinates the acquisition of hardware/software for new
financial advisors joining existing RJA and RJFS offices and
manages the tracking of equipment.
- Manages hardware/software installation for new financial
advisors joining existing RJA and RJFS offices and assists with
- Assists branch management in determining appropriate user
- Coordinates and manages the escalation of issues to the IT
- Researches and resolves IT related billing issues.
- Acts as a liaison between the transition department, IT
department and outside vendors.
- May participate in recruiting visits for prospective financial
- May assist with troubleshooting hardware/software issues to
effectively resolve problems.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Basic office practices, procedures and methods.
- Basic networking and security guidelines and procedures.
- Pertinent hardware and software in order to provide support and
direction for users.
- Financial services industry.
- Operating standard office equipment and using required software
applications to produce correspondence, presentations, electronic
communication and spreadsheets.
- Organize, manage and track multiple detailed tasks, assignments
and completion dates with frequently changing priorities in a
fast-paced work environment.
- Use effective oral and written communication skills sufficient
enough to interact effectively with and guide financial advisors
and their staff with varying levels of PC experience on various IT
- Problem solve sufficient to independently identify and correct
moderately complex PC/network related problems.
- Attend to detail while ensuring quality standards are met
without impairing workflow.
- Handle stressful situations and provide a high level of
customer service in a calm and professional manner.
- Follow-up to ensure resolution and completion of tasks.
- Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all
levels of the organization,
- Learn new software and proprietary systems as needed.
- Proactively keeps abreast of new products and services.
- Create, organize and make effective presentations.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree (B.A.) or equivalent in a related discipline
with one (1) to three (3) years experience in the financial
services industry and one (1) to three (3) years IT experience
- An equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or
training as approved by Human Resources.
- Microsoft Certification preferred.
Keywords: Raymond James, St. Petersburg , Transition Technology Support Consultant, Other , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!