Manager, Technology - Product Management
Company: Raymond James
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: June 7, 2021
About Raymond James:
Founded in 1962, Raymond James Financial, Inc. is a Fortune 500
diversified holding company providing financial services to
individuals, corporations and municipalities through its subsidiary
companies engaged primarily in investment and financial planning,
in addition to capital markets and asset management. Headquartered
in Florida, Raymond James Financial has approximately 8,000
financial advisors in 3,000 locations throughout the United States,
Canada and overseas. With over 130 consecutive quarters of growth
and Service 1st culture, Raymond James Financial aims to be the
premier alternative to Wall Street.
Directs the daily operations of associates responsible for the
product ownership of numerous advisor facing Wealth Management
technology applications. Develops strong working relationships with
the management of assigned business units to facilitate
collaboration and remove roadblocks. Provides administrative
oversight, to include employee attendance tracking, budget
preparation and reconciliation, and oversight of projects assigned
to the department. Resolves escalated issues and presents solutions
to complex problems. Interfaces with numerous levels of management
and outside customers to gather feedback and drive decisions for
core products. Partners with development managers to plan and
coordinate ongoing functional releases and strategic solutions to
meet end user needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the daily operations of assigned team - plans, assigns,
monitors, reviews, evaluates and leads the work of associates.
- Performs supervisory activities, including identifying
performance problems and seeking guidance for remedial action;
reviewing performance; and participating in interviewing and
- May be accountable for various projects to improve efficiency
and drive productivity and quality.
- Implements department policies and procedures; reviews for
relevance and monitors associates to ensure compliance.
- Acts as intermediary and facilitator to help resolve ongoing
and/or complex issues.
- May assist with preparation and monitoring of department
- May handle escalated issues and/or perform duties similar to
subordinates as staffing needs dictate.
- May participate in or lead small to medium sized department
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Create/maintain a competitive organization by attracting,
developing and retaining talent to ensure people with the right
skills & motivations are in the right place at the right time to
meet business needs.
- Build a cohesive team, and develop structure & direction to
meet or exceed customer needs.
- Leverage systems & processes to attract, develop & retain
- Provide feedback, empowerment and coaching to help others excel
in current and future job responsibilities.
- Create a trusting work environment where people can realize
their full potential.
- Build and maintains strong internal and external relationships.
Enhances the customer service experience to drive competitive
- Ensure customer perspective is driving force behind business
decisions and activities.
- Ensure customer solutions, practices and procedures are carried
out and achieve their objectives.
- Build strategic partnerships within the organization to
collaboratively execute business goals.
- Interact with others in a way that promotes openness & trust
and gives confidence in one's intentions.
- Gain competitive advantage by developing, supporting and/or
promoting innovative strategies, products or processes which align
with the firm's vision and goals and enhance the firm's
- Identify and drive organizational changes needed to adapt to
changing customer and market demands.
- Establish and commit to long-term business direction and set
meaningful performance objectives that align to values &
- Communicate information in a compelling way that drives others
to achieve team and firm goals.
- Encourage others to seek opportunities for different and
innovative approaches to addressing problems and
- Execute business and organizational objectives that build and
support sustained revenue growth, maximize firm results and
effectively leverage people/processes.
- Use customer centric approaches for choosing courses of action
or developing appropriate solutions.
- Align communication, accountability, resources & processes to
ensure strategic priorities yield measurable and sustainable
- Tenacious work to deliver team goals with the greatest
potential for producing positive business results.
- Establish high standards and challenging goals for individual,
team and organizational accomplishment.
- Occasionally work a non-standard shift including nights and/or
weekends and/or have on-call responsibilities.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS or
related degree and seven (7) years of relevant experience including
management or leadership experience or an equivalent combination of
education, training and experience.
- Financial Services experience highly preferred.
- SIE, Series 7, or Series 65/66 preferred.
Keywords: Raymond James, St. Petersburg , Manager, Technology - Product Management, Other , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!