Network Security Engineer
Company: Raymond James
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: June 7, 2021
About Raymond James:
Founded in 1962, Raymond James Financial, Inc. is a Fortune 500
diversified holding company providing financial services to
individuals, corporations and municipalities through its subsidiary
companies engaged primarily in investment and financial planning,
in addition to capital markets and asset management. Headquartered
in Florida, Raymond James Financial has approximately 8,000
financial advisors in 3,000 locations throughout the United States,
Canada and overseas. With 130 consecutive quarters of growth and
Service 1st culture, Raymond James Financial aims to be the premier
alternative to Wall Street.
As a Network Security Engineer, you will be responsible for
firewall and content delivery systems. In this role, you will
ensure appropriate system resources and configuration are in place
to support secure enterprise solutions. The ideal candidate will
have a strong networking background with load balancing and content
delivery skills as well as experience administering next-generation
firewalls with advanced features such as NAT, transparent
deployments, IDS/IPS, URL inspection, HTTPS decryption, and
anti-virus. Primary responsibilities include support and
administration of next-generation firewall, IDS, URL filtering, and
other related technologies. This role is be based out of our
headquarters in St. Petersburg, FL or a secondary location in
Southfield, MI, but we are open to remote candidates that are based
out of other locations in the US as well.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifies security risks and develops solutions to eliminate
or minimize risks.
- Performs capacity reviews and recommends expansions or
reductions as warranted.
- Produces and maintains design documentation.
- Leads in evaluating and identifying ways to automate,
streamline and improve otherwise manual functions.
- Reviews code releases for feature inclusion and bug awareness
prior to implementation.
- Provides operational support such as training and
- Primary support and central point of contact for
next-generation perimeter security devices.
- Forward thinking to identify upcoming trends and security best
practices on the network.
- Responsible for up-time, reliability, stability and policy
maintenance of supported systems.
- May function as team lead, providing technical leadership to
- Facilitates automation wherever possible to create efficiencies
and eliminate errors.
- Serves as escalation point in troubleshooting system
- Leads implementation efforts for security initiatives and
resolutions resulting from internal and external assessments.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong networking background required, ideally in a Cisco
- Strong F5 experience in relation to Web app Firewalls (Palo
Alto is the FW at RJF).
- Strong load balancing, NGINX and F5 is highly desired as well
as F5 AS3 experience.
- Automated scripting is a strong plus (Python/Go).
- Experience with ForeScout.
- CISSP certification highly desirable.
- Palo Alto experience highly preferred.
- Concepts, principles, and practices of system administration,
solution architecture, product management and project
- Advanced concepts of hardware and software
- Advanced network and security concepts and technologies.
- Advanced level of technical problem solving abilities.
- Knowledge in the following specialized areas is a plus:
- CI/CD tools such as Jenkins
- Log aggregation tools such as Splunk
- Infra monitoring tools such as Datadog
- Service mesh such as Istio/NGINX
- Service discovery tools such as Hashicorp Consul
- API gateway tools such as Apigee
- Perspectives, interest, and agendas of others in the
- Installing, maintaining, and upgrading software.
- Identifying, troubleshooting, resolve, and/or escalating
software imaging problems.
- Operating standard office equipment and using required software
- Good Project Management and time management skills.
- Diagnosing and solving problems related to software
applications, patches, and other software updates.
- Writing scripts using various scripting tools such as Python,
- Analyzing and solving advanced level technical problems.
- Act swiftly and accurately in a calm, professional manner to
correct any disruption that may occur.
- Review and comprehend technical white papers, journals, blogs
and webinars related to new technology and processes.
- Partner with other functional areas to accomplish
- Organize, manage and track multiple detailed tasks and
assignments with frequently changing priorities in fast-paced work
- Provide high level of internal customer service.
- Partner with other functional areas to accomplish
- Facilitate meetings, ensuring that all viewpoints, ideas, and
problems are addressed.
- Perform thorough research to gather, organize, and evaluate
- Manage multiple responsibilities with changing priorities in a
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with all
- Maintain professional demeanor even under highly stressful
- Work independently, as well as, collaboratively with in a team
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS or
related degree and seven (5) years of relevant experience in
assigned area or combination of education, experience and
- Computer Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
certification or the ability to obtain within six (6) months.
Keywords: Raymond James, St. Petersburg , Network Security Engineer, Other , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!