Company: Marriott International
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Posting Date May 04, 2021
Job Number 21042471
Job Category Engineering & Facilities
Location The Vinoy Renaissance St. Petersburg Resort & Golf
Club, 501 Fifth Avenue NE, Saint Petersburg, Florida, United States
VIEW ON MAP
Brand Renaissance Hotels
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
You were always one of those curious kids who opened every
cabinet, peeked behind every door, and never ceased to ask "why"
when given an explanation. Today, you bring your personal style to
every experience. You live life to discover. You are passionate
about your neighborhood, always looking to explore the places one
wouldn't find in a travel guide. If this sounds like you, you're in
the right place. You've got authentic style, natural curiosity and
a warm way with people. Renaissance is not just a place to spend
the night, it's a place to discover, a place in the world with
style like yours. That's why we're not just looking for anyone.
We're looking for someone like you.
Manages all engineering/maintenance operations, including
maintaining the building, grounds and physical plant with
particular attention towards safety, security and asset protection.
Accountable for managing the budget, capital expenditure projects,
preventative maintenance and energy conservation. Responsible for
maintaining regulatory requirements. Leads the emergency response
team for all facility issues.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the
engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical
training in HVAC-R/electrical/plumbing.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Building and
Construction, Engineering, Mechanics, or related major; 2 years
experience in the engineering and maintenance or related
professional area; technical training in
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Property Operations and Engineering Budgets
- Supervises Engineering in the absence of the Director of
- Assists in managing the physical plant including equipment,
refrigeration, HVAC, plumbing, water treatment, electrical and life
- Maintains and operates equipment at optimum effectiveness,
efficiency and safety.
- Establishes and manages an effective rooms maintenance
- Ensures compliance with all Engineering departmental policies,
standards and procedures.
- Manages department's controllable expenses to achieve or exceed
- Select and order or purchase new equipment, supplies, and
- Inspect and evaluate the physical condition of facilities in
order to determine the type of work required.
- Recommend or arrange for additional services such as painting,
repair work, renovations, and the replacement of furnishings and
- Supervises the day to day operations of Engineering.
Maintaining Property Standards
- Maintains accurate logs and records as required.
- Assists in effectively planning, scheduling and evaluating
preventative maintenance programs.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
- Handles guest problems and complaints effectively.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality by exemplifying
excellent customer service and creating a positive atmosphere for
- Helps establish priorities for total property maintenance
- Ensures on-going communication occurs in all areas of
responsibility to create awareness of business objectives,
awareness of expectations and recognition of exemplary
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions
of team members.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships
- Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
- Strives to improve service performance.
- Provides feedback to employees based on observation of service
- Supervises employee's ability to execute departmental and
property emergency procedures.
- Reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address
employee problems or concerns.
- Solicits employee feedback.
- Helps ensure regulatory compliance to facility regulations and
- Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed
according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and
LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We
believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive,
people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any
protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any
other basis covered under applicable law.
Keywords: Marriott International, St. Petersburg , Chief Engineer, Other , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!