Company: Analytical Resource Laboratories
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: June 7, 2021
About Analytical Resource Laboratories
Analytical Resource Laboratories (ARL) is a third-party contract
laboratory specializing in microbiological and chemical testing of
food, cosmetics, and dietary supplements. ARL has been offering
analytical testing services for 21 years.
ARL is seeking a full-time analyst for analytical testing and
also cannabis testing in our St. Petersburg, Florida, laboratory.
While working closely with a Team Lead and/or under the supervision
of the Laboratory Manager, you will be responsible for the
following primary duties and responsibilities:
- Process samples, perform routine and high-level laboratory
testing, and/or assist in method validation
- Run cannabis testing
- Conduct routine testing per ARL SOPs and/or method
- Work with management to ensure testing and projects are
completed on or before the due date
- Conduct testing and validations according to written
- Maintain accurate and complete records
- Participate in quality audits, whenever necessary or
- Record data and analyze results
- Calculate and interpret results
- Classify and label samples, according to protocol.
- Document and review findings
- Autonomously interpret, review, and approve data.
- Maintain all laboratory records.
- Create, review, update, and approve SOPs.
- Complete sample preparation and testing in a timely manner,
according to approved SOPs and correct techniques.
- Supervise maintenance on laboratory equipment.
- May supervise team, if assigned.
- Accountable and responsible for proper laboratory
- Demonstrate knowledge and increase training and experience in
maintaining analytical instruments.
- Oversee and perform skill and procedural training.
- Implement and ensure personnel compliance with all requirements
for quality control and assurance within the laboratory.
- Comply with ALL ARL workplace policies, procedures, and health
and safety regulations.
- Clean and sterilize laboratory workspace and equipment.
- Provide support for lab-specific waste management.
- Maintain laboratory cleanliness at all times.
- Communicate the status and any issues regarding assigned
testing verbally and in writing.
- Adhere to all GLP, GMP, and ISO regulations as they pertain to
the positions functions and duties.
- Document all activities, results, and report back to
- Report work progress and state of preparation for testing to
- Stay informed with the latest industry trends, techniques, and
- Successfully complete all training, including skills and
proficiency testing, within required timeframe.
- Assist with SOP, protocol, and work instruction creation and
revisions, under the supervision of the Lab Manager and Quality
- Help ensure laboratory compliance with relevant regulations and
standards at all levels
- May be responsible for final report signing
- Mentor and train team members in relevant areas, as assigned,
- Perform all duties and projects, as assigned by ARL
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND EXPECTATIONS:
- At least21+ years of age.
- Able to converse fluently in English, verbally and in
- Able to complete work on time and meet changing scheduling
demands, depending on sample load.
- Competency in industry-specific or industry-related laboratory
techniques and procedures.
- Be able to lift at least 50lbs.
- Able to work within a schedule that allows for testing to be
completed and reported on time.
- Available to 5 days a week, and available to work
- Good understanding of laboratory information systems and
- Abide by ARLs drug testing, background check, and drug-free
- Follow work schedule and attendance/time off requirements.
- Comply with ARLs values and workplace policies
- Communicate professionally with team members and leadership to
resolve any issues.
- Contribute to a positive and ethical work environment.
- Follow established and proper procedure for conflict
- Able to handle fast-paced, high-pressured work demands with
confidence and professionalism.
We are looking for a team player who can thrive in a fast-paced
and high pressured work environment to join our robust,
hardworking, intelligent, responsible, adaptive, positive,
accountable, and amazing team!
The successful candidate has the drive to thrive in a
fast-paced, high pressured work environment. Additionally,
Additionally, the candidate should demonstrate the following
background, skills, abilities, and qualities, and availability:
- Minimum Education: Bachelors degree in a natural science (i.e.,
Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Engineering, or Environmental
- Additional background preferred: Holds a current license as a
clinical laboratory personnel. Minimum of 3 years' of experience in
an ISO/CAP/TNI/similarly accredited
- Minimum Experience: In-depth knowledge and advanced knowledge
of laboratory techniques and advanced understanding of laboratory
- Analytical chemistry experience required; experience with HPLC,
GC, ICP-MS, fiber analyzer, and FTIR preferred
- Knowledge of metric system, scientific applications,
experimental design, and data evaluation
- Clear understanding of the importance of maintaining a clean
workspace by following approved procedures and laboratory
regulations for testing, health, and safety.
- Critical and analytical thinker
- Ability to work in GMP/GLP environment
- An excellent ability to keep calm under pressure and stay
focused to successfully fulfill responsibilities
- Ability to maintain and build team morale at all times
- Ability to skillfully and professionally adapt to changing
- Ability to lift 30 to 50 lbs
- Strong attention to detail
- Responsibility and accountability
- Strong work and professional ethics
- Excellent communication
- Commitment to and history of compliance with rules, procedures,
policies, and regulations
- Able to skillful and professionally adapt to changing
scheduling and procedural demands
Starting salary is $40,000 annually. Salary depends on
relevant industry experience.
Please submit a cover letter, and a resume.
Analytical Resource Laboratories LLC is a third-party contract
laboratory in the food, cosmetics, dietary supplements, and
pharmaceutical industry. We celebrate 21 years of serving the
industry. We offer microbiology and chemistry testing services, as
well as method development, to manufacturers, retailers, raw
material providers, and even consumers. Our laboratories are
located in Utah, Arizona, and Florida. We continue to grow and
expand to serve our partners across the United States.
Keywords: Analytical Resource Laboratories, St. Petersburg , Analytical Chemist, Other , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!