Cloud Architect - Azure
Company: Qurate Retail Group
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Qurate Retail Group (QRG) is searching for a Cloud Architect who
will bring a strong technical and leadership mindset to participate
in and develop all engineering aspects of QRG Cloud Strategy. This
Architect will have a broad range of Cloud Engineering knowledge in
global enterprise IT systems along with a strong emphasis on
collaboration and coordination which is critical for this position.
The successful candidate will possess the ability to effectively
lead and influence others without direct managerial authority. This
role will be a key participant in driving QVC's cloud strategy
towards next-generation architectures both on premise and in public
Who We Are
Be a part of delivering tomorrow's innovations today! We are a
leader in ecommerce technology solutions, from designing
applications to creating entirely new platforms. Technology is at
the core of all that we do. If you are energized by a dynamic
engineering environment that encourages technical curiosity,
collectivism, courage and a desire to grow professionally, then we
want to talk to you!
- Research, design, and develop Public & Private Cloud Solutions,
including impacts to enterprise architecture.
- Deliver Cloud Strategies enabling business transformations and
- Provide leadership in infrastructure migration methodologies
and techniques including mass application movements into
- Be an expert in current industry abilities as well as
consolidation, virtualization (systems, storage and networking),
applications virtualization, and cloud design.
- Understand how an end-to-end vertical service stack can be
transformed into a cloud or hybrid scenario, with a very broad and
often deep understanding of technologies, technical constraints and
- Lead cultural change for cloud adoption by nurturing Cloud
expertise, including coaching, mentoring and socialization.
- Develop and coordinate cloud strategy and architecture,
including requirements and performance standards to meet or exceed
management and customer specifications in a cost-effective
- Participate in and/or lead the development of roadmaps related
to Cloud and Data Center Strategy
- Participate in designing and implementing enterprise
infrastructure and platforms required for Colocation/Hybrid Cloud
What You Bring
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or
- 10+ years of related experience with previous systems
architecture and/or principal engineer experience.
- Azure based Cloud Architecture and migration skills and
- Strong understanding across Cloud and infrastructure components
(server, storage, network, security, data, and applications) to
deliver end to end Cloud Infrastructure architectures and
- Experience securely connecting public cloud resources with
- Deep understanding of Azure Active Directory and ADFS
- Experience depicting complex technology architectures
pictorially using tools like Visio, Draw.IO, LucidCharts, etc.
- Experience Designing Cloud foundation capabilities, shared
services, associated guardrails and governance.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code, immutable
infrastructure, automation, and orchestration and other modern
- Proven ability to develop cloud operating frameworks and
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Complete understanding of cloud financial management and cloud
cost optimization strategies
- Architecture Design and implementation skills in the following
areas: Cloud and Business Continuity, System Migrations, Data
center consolidation and virtualization, VMware, Networks,
- Strong familiarity of major operating systems and compute
types: z/OS, AIX, Linux, Windows, Oracle, SQL Server to understand
interoperability of applications vis--vis impacts and value over a
phased cloud migration effort.
- Deep understanding of LAN/WAN networking, firewalls,
- Experience migrating complex applications and services to cloud
environments using IaaS and PaaS infrastructure.
- Experience identifying and quantifying technology debt and its
associated technical risk and advise on mitigation strategies.
- Experience with system development in cloud environments,
including Software as Service (SaaS), Platform as Service (PaaS),
or Infrastructure as Service (IaaS)
Keywords: Qurate Retail Group, St. Petersburg , Cloud Architect - Azure, Other , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!