Press Process Tech M110 - 2nd Shift (3pm-11pm)
Company: Valpak Direct Marketing Systems, Inc.
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Press Process Tech M110
Performs production tasks in the Press Systems area by operating
equipment effectively with minimal downtime. The Press System
functions include platemaking (prepress), main press, signature
creation and delivery to buffer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs and teaches others to diagnose and repair routine
equipment issues and instill the importance of preventative
maintenance and running equipment to specification.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of the process and elevates
non-routine system issues upward when appropriate. Actively
participates in problem resolution and repair with guidance.
- Provides back-up support to the Sr. Process Technician
accountable for the press when required without interruption to the
- Provides verbal and written communication to Sr. Process
Technician with regard to equipment, process, maintenance, quality,
staff or other operational issues.
- Coaches the cell and demonstrates behavior that sets the
example within the cell/team regarding continuous process
improvement, safety, and housekeeping.
- Encourages collaboration within team as well as individual
- Encourages collaboration within the group that creates
ownership and pride in the delivery of error free first pass
quality and minimal re-work/waste.
- Participates in training in conjunction with the VMC
"Progression" program to improve knowledge and skill related to the
Process Technician position. Follows a planned program of
continuous learning to complete all mandatory skill blocks.
Maintains current skills required for the position, and may pursue
additional learning through optional and/or limited skill
- Performs related work and additional duties as needed or
- Accomplishes duties using safe work practices and equipment
while being responsible for reporting all injuries and observed
unsafe conditions. Coaches fellow employees on safe work practices
as appropriate and contributes to the overall success of the
company's safety program
Twelve to twenty-four months experience in a printing or
manufacturing environment is preferred. Heat set printing
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to read and analyze technical documents
- Ability to apply basic math concepts
- General knowledge of Windows Office
- Ability to lift/move up to 40#
- Must be able to stand/walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to climb ladders and consistently work at varying
- Work in a noisy area using hearing protection.
Keywords: Valpak Direct Marketing Systems, Inc., St. Petersburg , Press Process Tech M110 - 2nd Shift (3pm-11pm), Other , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!