Director of Business Development
Company: General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: June 6, 2021
We are looking to fill the Director Business Development role at
General Dynamics - Ordnance and Tactical Systems. This position
will develop and manage the building of key strategic partnerships
and business relationships with potential customers in the
analyzing, planning, research and development of General Dynamics -
Ordnance and Tactical Systems' objectives and strategic short- and
long-range plans in order to achieve domestic and/or international
awards while capturing opportunities to expand market potential in
order to achieve business opportunities, growth and financial
profitability by performing the following duties.
Major Position Responsibilities
- Develops plans and strategies for establishing strategic
partnerships with customers for specific products and programs
building company strengths, identifying growth and potential new
markets and business opportunities, increasing share of market and
obtaining a competitive position in the industry.
- Develops and validates viable business models for key business
partnerships and acquisitions while shaping future procurement
strategies, oversees and contributes to the development and
research of prospective programs and business opportunities through
phone calls, travel, tactical/strategic customer visits attending
conferences, and utilizing the internet to grow, influence the
relationships and opportunities by obtaining a competitive position
in the industry.
- Works closely with internal departments, such as marketing and
engineering and external partners and allies in the development and
implementation of the organization's objectives and future
procurement strategies, strategic plans, orders forecast and
business models through analyzing and research.
- Administers company short and long term strategic plans, and/or
through subordinate personnel, to create financial projections,
secure funding, for growth and profitability of future program
awards, oversees the estimates of demand for proposed programs
based on production schedules, market research and consumer
trends., organizes project and task workloads and selects
individuals most qualified for assignments on specific
- Reviews the detailed economic analysis and surveys in foreign
countries to locate market for OTS-SBU products.
- Ensures requirements are defined and met according to plan
while tracking all upsides and hopper opportunities.
- Supports upper management in deal negotiations, contract
development, due diligence and other business development or
alliance development projects.
- Monitors the anticipated award timing changes and maintains a
CE that reflects the proper award amount and timing each
- Works with Marketing to plan marketing and promotion including
advertising, review media, specials sales, pricing and subsidiary
- Participates in all internal OTS-SBU level bid reviews to
ensure consumer message and budget is properly translated.
- Participates in IRAD meetings to ensure transition of the
customers' needs into profitable investments by OTS- SBU while
making customers aware of our new technologies.
- Defines the OTS brand and incorporates the brand into the
- Establishes, develops and demonstrates at trade shows that
showcase OTS product portfolios in industry trade
- Acts as liaison with government agencies and offices and GDOTS
To perform this job successfully, and individual must:
Keywords: General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems, St. Petersburg , Director of Business Development, Other , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!