Director, Technology Innovation
Company: Raymond James
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: June 6, 2021
About Raymond James:
Founded in 1962, Raymond James Financial, Inc. is a Fortune 500
diversified holding company providing financial services to
individuals, corporations and municipalities through its subsidiary
companies engaged primarily in investment and financial planning,
in addition to capital markets and asset management. Headquartered
in Florida, Raymond James Financial has approximately 8,000
financial advisors in 3,000 locations throughout the United States,
Canada and overseas. With over 130 consecutive quarters of growth
and Service 1st culture, Raymond James Financial aims to be the
premier alternative to Wall Street.
This Director, Technology role will be part of the Private
Client Group (PCG) Innovation team and plays a critical role in
driving change and new growth, cultivating innovation capabilities
within the organization, and promoting the value and influence
innovation can offer. The candidate will help drive both the
innovation culture and strategy throughout the PCG Wealth
Management organization. Candidate should be able to effectively
lead technological and process transformation, initiate strategy
change, and help the IT organization respond to disruptions and
trends by innovating. Demonstrates knowledge of industry and
technology to support department and firm commercial goals and
applies in-depth understanding of the business impact of technical
contributions. Deals with complex and variable issues with
substantial potential impact where multiple options must be
considered, analyzed, prioritized and validated. This role will be
based out of our headquarters in St. Petersburg, FL, but we are
open to remote candidates that are based out of other locations in
the U.S as well.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drives IT solutions to ensure they meet the business needs
balanced with a pragmatic and integrated approach to the design of
technical solutions. Able to weigh alternatives, develop approach
and balance conflicting needs.
- Leads projects to successful completion as defined by
predetermined project success criteria including those established
by the business, capital expenditure and budget requirements.
- Builds a strong network of connections who can support
collaboration and provide valuable feedback innovation
- Creates an innovation portfolio and roadmap to drive growth and
- Influences/determines the prioritization of business unit
technology projects, optimal project structure and project
administration to ensure strategic business objectives are met and
risk is managed.
- Ensures innovation provides value to our clients and advisors
and cultivating long-term relationships
- Crafts an innovation strategy and garnering support from
business stakeholders, senior IT Leaders, and employees.
- Responsible for workforce management to accurately capture IT
resource capacity involving resources (internal and/or external),
processes and practices.
- Codes custom POCs and analyzing 3rd party software - ideal
candidate should be familiar with Java and Python.
- Partners with senior leaders to assess how technologies can
best streamline processes and/or add business value.
- Remains up to date on key technology, business and industry
- Oversees new innovations as they are introduced to the
- Responsible for budget and annual goals and objectives; holds
organization accountable for attaining goals and objectives.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Data Science
- Natural Language Processing and/or Machine Learning
- Project Management
- Enterprise Implementation
- Strategic Planning
- Business Acumen
- Application Development and SDLC
- Create/maintain a competitive organization by attracting,
developing and retaining talent to ensure people with the right
skills & motivations are in the right place at the right time to
meet business needs.
- Build a cohesive team, and develop structure & direction to
meet or exceed customer needs.
- Leverage systems & processes to attract, develop & retain
- Provide feedback, empowerment and coaching to help others excel
in current and future job responsibilities.
- Create a trusting work environment where people can realize
their full potential.
- Minimum of a B.S. in MIS, Computer Science or related degree
and ten (10) years of relevant experience including management or
leadership experience or combination of education, training and
- Financial services experience preferred.
Keywords: Raymond James, St. Petersburg , Director, Technology Innovation, Other , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!