Senior Rooms Operations Manager
Company: Marriott International
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Posting Date Mar 12, 2021
Job Number 21014656
Job Category Rooms & Guest Services Operations
Location The Vinoy Renaissance St. Petersburg Resort & Golf
Club, 501 Fifth Avenue NE, Saint Petersburg, Florida, United States
VIEW ON MAP
Brand Renaissance Hotels
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
You were always one of those curious kids who opened every
cabinet, peeked behind every door, and never ceased to ask "why"
when given an explanation. Today, you bring your personal style to
every experience. You live life to discover. You are passionate
about your neighborhood, always looking to explore the places one
wouldn't find in a travel guide. If this sounds like you, you're in
the right place. You've got authentic style, natural curiosity and
a warm way with people. Renaissance is not just a place to spend
the night, it's a place to discover, a place in the world with
style like yours. That's why we're not just looking for anyone.
We're looking for someone like you.
Manages the execution of all operations in the rooms area
departments (e.g.,Front Office,
Engineering/Maintenance,Housekeeping) and managing staff. Strives
to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize
the financial performance of the department. Monitors compliance
with standards and procedures. Leads specific team while assisting
with meeting or exceeding property goals.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the guest
services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and
Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or
related major; 2 years experience in the guest services, front
desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Leading Room Operations Team
- Verifies that goals are being translated to the team as they
relate to guest tracking and productivity.
- Manages the execution of all operations in the rooms area
departments (e.g., Front Office, Engineering/Maintenance,
Housekeeping) and manages staff.
- Leads specific team while assisting with meeting or exceeding
- Creates and nurtures a property environment that emphasizes
motivation, empowerment, teamwork, continuous improvement and a
passion for providing service.
- Understands employee and guest satisfaction results and
developis action plans to attack needed areas and expand on
- Sets clear expectations, with the General Manager, for the
- Verifies that the team has the capabilities to meet
- Leads by example demonstrating self-confidence, energy and
- Assists employees in understanding guests' ever-changing needs
and expectations, and exceeding them.
Managing Property Rooms Operations Function(s)
- Follows property specific second effort and recovery plan.
- Publishes all guest satisfaction results in a timely fashion
including all guest satisfaction forms, comment cards and guest
- Takes proactive approaches when dealing with employee
- Extends professionalism and courtesy to employees at all
- Communicates/updates all goals and results with employees.
- Meets semiannually with staff on a one-to-one basis.
- Schedules the team against guest and hours/occupied room
- Monitors compliance with standards and procedures.
- Performs hourly job functions as needed.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
- Provides excellent customer service by being readily
available/approachable for all guests.
- Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction
and maximize the financial performance of the department.
- Takes proactive approaches when dealing with guest
- Extends professionalism and courtesy to guests at all
- Responds timely to customer service department request.
- Verifies all team members meet or exceed all hospitality
- Performs required annual Quality audit with General Manager
(GM) & Regional Director (RD).
- Verifies that a viable key control program is in place.
- Reviews financial statements, sales and activity reports, and
other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement
and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program
Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Interviews and assists in making hiring decisions.
- Promotes both Guarantee of Fair Treatment and Open Door
- Verifies that orientations for new team members are thorough
and completed in a timely fashion.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We
believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive,
people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any
protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any
other basis covered under applicable law.
Keywords: Marriott International, St. Petersburg , Senior Rooms Operations Manager, Other , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!