Scheduling Services Specialist - IT Production Support
Company: Raymond James
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Plans and performs activities for Scheduling Services pertaining
to support, administration, engineering and architecture of
projects on one or more platforms to ensure project goals are met.
May provide consultative services to others on the effective use of
scheduling services. Under minimal supervision, resolves escalated
and non-routine incidents requiring analysis and evaluation by
consulting with end user and/or completing more complicated tasks.
May adapt procedures and techniques to meet complex job
requirements while exercising judgement in accordance with defined
policies, procedures and practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports administration, engineering, and architecture in the
- Develops implementation plans for new production/scheduling
- Reports on proposed implementation plans and progress of
implementation for new production/scheduling technologies.
- Reports the characteristics and issues relating to
Production/Scheduling technologies and methods.
- Tests new production/scheduling technologies.
- Ensures version control for Production/Scheduling
- Performs support duties with third party vendors related to new
technologies and/or methods.
- Performs 3rd level support for all production/scheduling
- Coordinates directly with Operations, Engineering, and
Technical Support teams on Production/Scheduling issues.
- Conducts timely analysis, coordination, and resolution of
- Performs pre-production testing in accordance with department
- Informs management of the status of any production issues.
- Performs and executes after hours production/scheduling
coverage in accordance with the on-call roster.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Experience and Skills:
- Associate's degree and two (2) to three (3) years of relevant
technology experience or a combination of education training and
- Operations and production/scheduling environments.
- Current computer operating systems, Windows, Linux, etc.
- Microsoft Suite of Tools
- Oracle, ODI, SQL functions
- HP NonStop
- Secure FTP, IBM ConnectDirect FTP
- Identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities;
compare data from different sources to draw conclusions.
- Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media
to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and
helps them understand and retain the message.
- Use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or
developing appropriate solutions; recommend or take action that is
consistent with available facts, constraints and probable
- Demonstrate a satisfactory level of technical and professional
skill or knowledge in position-related areas; remains current with
developments and trends in areas of expertise.
- Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the
accomplishment of work goals.
- Make internal and external clients and their needs a primary
focus of actions; develop and sustain productive client
- Work a non-standard shift including nights and/or weekends
and/or have on-call responsibilities
- Travel Required: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Keywords: Raymond James, St. Petersburg , Scheduling Services Specialist - IT Production Support, Other , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!