Host/Hostess - Seater
Company: Ruth's Chris Steak House, Inc.
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: May 3, 2021
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Reports to work as indicated on the work schedule and in the
correct uniform. Practices positive personal hygiene and
cleanliness habits during all work shifts.
- Obtains staffing and station assignments for all servers,
service assistants, runners and bar staff from the Manager-on-Duty.
Completes table/station chart with these assignments.
- Correctly completes all opening and side work duties of the
hostess/host at the start of the shift, in a timely manner.
- Assists the Manager-on-Duty in planning reservations and
assigning parties to appropriate tables, stations and/or
- Answers the telephone in a timely, pleasant and courteous
manner. Correctly takes, confirms and documents reservations.
- Immediately recognizes and greets arriving Guests, obtains
Guests' names, provides names to servers and directs guests to the
appropriate waiting areas.
- Escorts Guests to their assigned table, to all Guests.
- Controls the flow of business by practicing rotation seating,
anticipating table turns and following the reservation and seating
- Accurately quotes waiting times to guests and correctly
maintains the "wait" list.
- Informs Manager-on-Duty when waiting times are running over
times quoted to our guests.
- Maintains cleanliness and organization of the hostess/host
stand and lobby area throughout the shift.
- Monitors and enforces social distancing requirements in waiting
areas as dictated by state and local social distancing
- Communicates to the Manager-on-Duty any and all situations
where a Guest may express concern or dissatisfaction with any
aspect of the dining experience.
- Acknowledges all departing guests and invites them to
- Answers phone to take orders from Take Out and Delivery
- Takes, records and rings all food and beverage items ordered by
Take Out Guests.
- Receives Take Out orders from Food Runner or kitchen staff,
checks for accuracy, and addresses any inaccuracies.
- Correctly presents the Take Out Guest check and coordinates
payment for all food and beverages sold with Bartender.
- Addresses any Take Out Guest complaints.
- Completes all closing duties in a timely manner.
- Follows all national, state, and local safety, health, and
sanitation guidelines as specified by the restaurant.
- Supports other Front-of-House positions as needed, providing a
seamless Guest experience to all Guests.
- Performs all duties and maintains knowledge of all standards
and procedures, as stated in the RCSH Employee Training Packet -
- Additional duties as assigned.
Guest First Mindset
- Demonstrates a Guest first mindset, placing a high priority on
the Guest experience
- Interacts regularly with Guests, demonstrating a genuine
interest in Guests, and ensuring a superior dining experience for
- Excellent customer service skills and a strong work ethic
- Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations and
people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism
- Handle stress associated with responding to/solving
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be
able to stand, walk, talk, and hear for extended periods of time,
at least 8 hours, and traverse all parts of the restaurant
- Ability to read, speak, write, and understand communication in
- Must be able to lift, handle and carry (e.g. trays, small wares
and equipment) at a minimum of 25 pounds
- Must have a good sense of balance, be able to bend, kneel,
stoop, reach and squat on a frequent basis
- Must be able to communicate effectively and listen
- Must be able to continuously use fingers (e.g. to bilaterally
operate the telephone and use point-of-sale equipment)
- Work is performed in a restaurant
- Position involves work on afternoons, nights, weekends, and
holidays, as required
- Must be able to work in an environment subject to loud noises
from restaurant equipment and machinery, fumes, odors, dust and
- Temperature extremes range from working near 1800-degree
Fahrenheit to working in a walk-in freezer of -10 degree
NOTE: The information here does not constitute a contract,
express or implied. The content of this material is not
all-inclusive but is for informational purposes only. Ruth's Chris
Steak House is an Equal Opportunity employer.
Keywords: Ruth's Chris Steak House, Inc., St. Petersburg , Host/Hostess - Seater, Other , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!