Pastry Chef - American Queen Steamboat Company
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: May 3, 2021
NOW GATHERING APPLICATIONS FOR AQSC 2021 SEASON START UPS
In addition to the application process please copy and paste the
link below into a separate browser window for consideration.
The Pastry Chef is responsible for preparation and baking of all
bread items, desserts and pastries, according to established
standards and expectations set forth by the Executive Chef.
Passenger satisfaction is the Pastry Chef's major goal.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the preparation of bread, rolls and other
typical bakery products
- Responsible for food Service and cleaning procedures for the
section/work area assigned
- Responsible for all food storerooms including fridge and
freezer in assigned work section
- Maintains the high standard presentation of food and buffets in
conjunction with the Executive Chef; is responsible for planning,
directing, controlling, cooking and co-ordination
- Participates in all kitchen activities to the agreed standards
and to the complete satisfaction of the passengers
- Responsible for the preparation and cooking of bakery products
to the highest standards to ascertain an efficient food
- Assures that all bakery items are prepared and served according
to established standards and practices
- Responsible for the proper cleaning and sanitary matters for
work section, refrigerators, etc.
- Handles all working material and equipment with the necessary
care and keeps it well cleaned
- Report all necessary repairs to the Executive Chef and follows
up on repairs
- Is familiar with proper sanitation procedures and follows
Public Health requirements
- Maintain compliance with the company grooming and uniform
- Assist as needed in all mandated inventories and orders
- Participate and ensure participation of all USCG mandated
drills and emergency procedures as directed
- Performs other duties if required since above stated describe
only a regular working day and may not be inclusive of every task
needed to achieve results
Requirements & Qualifications
- HS Diploma or Equivalent Required
- Culinary degree preferred
- Professional Certification(s) or License:
- Valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) -
if applicable, and/or ability to obtain and maintain
- Copy of DD214, if Veteran status
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Two years of line cook experience
- Cruise industry experience preferred
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Submit to and pass alcohol and drug tests as mandated by the
USCG including but not limited to pre-employment, random,
reasonable suspicion and post-accident/incident testing.
At Hornblower Group and American Queen Steamboat Company, our
mission is to create amazing experiences - not only for our guests,
but our employees. Our company values (RESPECT) and operating
principles (Hornblower 12) allow us to live out our mission of
creating amazing experiences.
RESPECT stands for: Respect, Environment, Safety First,
Professionalism, Exceed, Communication and Teamwork. Our Operating
Principles, known as the Hornblower 12 demonstrate the ways we
promise to engage to live those values:
- We treat others - guests and fellow crew members alike - with
Respect, by fostering a diverse and inclusive environment.
- We are stewards of the Environment through practicing
conservation, protection and education.
- We believe in Safety First by creating and maintaining a safe
and secure workplace.
- We are Professional, and will demonstrate that in the following
- We are on time - to start and stop - and we come prepared.
- We make objective data- and logic-based decisions with limited
We prioritize by making difficult trade-offs and fast, quality
decisions. We follow the 80:100 rule, making decisions that are at
least 80% right, but 100% actionable.
- We Exceed expectations, embracing these principles:
- As employees, we expect to win, but always prepare and
passionately compete like an underdog.
We strive to innovate and reinvent, always looking forward and
not stuck in the past.
- We value Communication, by following guiding principles:
- We listen to each other - fellow crew members and guests - and
are responsive, vehemently following the 24-hour rule.
We are transparent and efficient in our processes and do not
entertain politics and bureaucracy.
- Teamwork helps drive us towards success, and together we embody
- We function as a team, playing our role and trusting our
- We work hard but have fun and don't take ourselves too
- And most importantly, we take the time to recognize and
celebrate our successes together under the Hornblower family!
American Queen Steamboat Company is proud to be an Equal
Employment Opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and
or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to
discrimination and or harassment based upon race, religion,
religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship,
sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender
expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions,
childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military
statue, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic
information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic
violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics
prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additionally, the
Company participates in the E-Verify program in certain
Keywords: Hornblower, St. Petersburg , Pastry Chef - American Queen Steamboat Company, Other , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!