Sr Business Analyst, Technology
Company: Raymond James
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: May 3, 2021
About Raymond James:
Founded in 1962, Raymond James Financial, Inc. is a Fortune 500
diversified holding company providing financial services to
individuals, corporations and municipalities through its subsidiary
companies engaged primarily in investment and financial planning,
in addition to capital markets and asset management. Headquartered
in Florida, Raymond James Financial has approximately 8,000
financial advisors in 3,000 locations throughout the United States,
Canada and overseas. With over 130 consecutive quarters of growth
and Service 1st culture, Raymond James Financial aims to be the
premier alternative to Wall Street.
Raymond James is seeking a well-rounded Sr Business Analyst to
join our IT Wealth Management development team. This individual
will be responsible for writing system requirements that will
ensure the technology solution will meet the needs of the business.
Leverages appropriate technical resources. Requires a high level
understanding of systems, industry and end-user requirements.
Demonstrates subject matter expertise and is able to integrate
domain knowledge with an understanding of financial services
standards and practices. Is the primary on the most complex or
escalated issues and may provide direction and guidance team
members. Applies specialized business knowledge and technical
skills to significant deliverables and projects that involve
multiple IT departments, business units and have enterprise impact.
Is able to make judgements and recommendations based on the
analysis and interpretation of data.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates detailed business requirements for functional (e.g.,
business processes, rules) and non-functional (e.g., data,
- Validates test cases to ensure that scripts will evaluate the
business function being performed.
- Gathers and interprets information from multiple sources
(including databases, interviews, etc.) and makes
- Provides support for application development teams including
documenting business processes.
- Translates technical concepts to business audience and business
information to a technical audience.
- Participates in developing estimates and implementation plans
for technical solutions.
- Partners with team members to develop project schedules,
reports and documentation. May be required to act as project lead
on small to medium projects and/or provide direction to others on
- Works with User Experience / Design resources to help visualize
requirements into prototype.
- Understands and applies principles in risk management, issue
tracking and change management.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS or
related degree and five (5) years of relevant experience or
combination of education, training and experience.
- May occasionally work a non-standard shift including nights
and/or weekends and/or have on-call responsibilities.
- May work in a team environment or project room to facilitate
- Experience working in an Information Technology department
specifically focused on application development project.
- Full Software Development Lifecycle experience.
- Financial Services experience.
- This role prefers subject matter expertise of wealth management
(investment management, and brokerage) and key platforms to define
requirements, and provide definitions of data elements.
- Subject matter expertise on at least one area of Wealth
management (such as Prospecting, Proposal Generation, Financial
Planning, Portfolio Management, SMA/UMA, Rebalancing, Trading and
- Experience working with Team Foundation Server or JIRA or any
other requirement management tool.
- Knowledge of REST Services, SQL, Databases.
- Knowledge of risk management, issue tracking, change management
and requirements gathering.
- Developer moved on to become a BA will be preferred.
- None required. CFA designation preferred
Keywords: Raymond James, St. Petersburg , Sr Business Analyst, Technology, Other , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!