System Administrator (Windows)
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Job Req: 19-11953Job Title: Windows System AdministratorJob
Location: St. Petersburg, FL - 33716Job Type: ContractAdministers
and manages complex enterprise software solutions. Acts as primary
support and central point of contact on large or multiple
applications with significant impact across the firm. Extensive
contact with internal customers, other technology professionals,
and vendors is required to identify, research, analyze, and resolve
system issues and problems.Project and team details:?
- Working on a team supporting 750 servers with more than 200
apps on those servers.
- Need experience deploying and troubleshooting web server
- Will primarily be administering Windows Servers (v. 2012, 2016
- Need strong experience with Windows Servers and installing Web
applications (IIS preferred)
- Need some automation experience and PowerShell scripting is a
- Some Linux is a plus as well as Linux scripting is a plus
- This position is for straight contract only at this time,
prefer local.Duties and Responsibilities:?
- Manages and maintains complex software systems.
- Performs application software implementations and
- Ensures availability, security and integrity of assigned
- Monitors applications, including setting alerts to maintain the
stability of the environment and application, monitoring error
logs, and automating administration tasks wherever possible.
Troubleshoots or escalates issues as needed.
- Evaluates and identifies ways to automate, streamline, and
improve day-to-day maintenance and administrative practices.
- Installs or coordinates installation of application patches and
releases on development, test, pre-production, and production
- Ensures adherence to Service Level Agreements regarding
- Serves as central point of contact and as a liaison to other IT
departments and application vendors regarding installations, server
maintenance, licensing and upgrade issues.
- Effectively manages communication between end users, vendors,
and IT departments to solve production, Pre-production, test, and
development environment problems quickly.
- Creates and maintains accurate system run book for assigned
- Maintains current description and documentation of application
configuration, including tracking and documenting any changes to
- Assists in capacity planning, performance monitoring and tuning
on assigned systems.
- Participates in disaster recovery planning, including assisting
with fault tolerance and disaster recovery plans.
About Ascent:Ascent is a leading national technology consulting and
professional services firm that focuses on tactical and strategic
consulting. Ascent---s fundamental business is providing staffing
services to Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals:
Financial Services, Healthcare, and Life Sciences. We focus the
majority of our efforts in Staff Augmentation support of Large
Enterprise Clients who utilize a Vendor Management System. Ascent
works as both a reliable supplier in support of programs, as well
as a Strategic Advisor in support of enterprise efforts to
establish best in class preferred vendor programs. Ascent was
ranked in the 2007 and 2008 Inc. 500 and recognized specifically
for its innovative work in staff augmentation support of Large
Enterprise preferred vendor accounts.If you are ready to propel
your career to new heights--- read on. We are looking for talented
and dedicated colleagues to join our phenomenal team. At Ascent, we
have created an environment where culture, commitment and
opportunity converge to yield a truly unique place to work. We know
that every employee has something important to say and that every
employee is integral to our success. Where else can you walk over
to a founder and talk about your ideas to help build our business
and have that idea implemented in 48 hours? More importantly, we do
everything we can to make sure our employees not only have great
jobs, but great lives.
Keywords: Ascent, St. Petersburg , System Administrator (Windows), IT / Software / Systems , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!