Senior Application Developer - Java
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: September 13, 2018
Business Unit Summary Play an active role during all phases of the Project Life Cycle, adding technical input during the planning, analysis and design phases of a project. Responsible for the "how to" questions, data elements, calculations and creating prototypes/models. Involved at the development level in complex customizations and new application development in a front-end web application Java environment.
A Day in the Life
- Assists Scrum Master in determining sequence of development execution and owns and delivers design artifacts for each sprint.
- Designs, documents and prototypes software solutions.
- Help team members with orchestration of development activities and provides technical mentorship to junior staff member
- Work closely with Solution and Enterprise Architecture teams to ensure strategic solutions are in line with enterprise guidelines.
- Assists with defining short and long term strategic roadmaps and implementation of the roadmap enabling strategic business goals.
- Collaborate and foster close relations with key stake holders within business organization as well as IT organization to understand their requirements and to help shape roadmap.
- Applies knowledge of the latest trends in the industry and engage with other team members to consult and help to implement appropriate technology practices / solutions
- Own and lead design principles for a specific product.
- Estimate own and in some case feature level work effort for input to project planning.
- Escalate delays, issues, risks and highlights to project managers and/or project leads.
- Participates or leads in the gathering of user requirements.
- Participates or leads code review sessions and provides thought leadership to the development team
- Performs as the SME 'go-to' person on projects.
- Assesses situations and suggests systemic process improvements.
- Follows industry accepted project management methodology and standards on all projects.
Keys to Success
At HSN, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, and Boundary less, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here! Must Haves
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 7-8 years of experience in general system delivery
- 4 or more years of experience in technical leadership role in large enterprise class systems
- 3 or more years of experience in Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (using toolsets such as Jenkins, Bamboo, Octopus, Maven, Artifactory, Jmeter, Gatling, Junit)
- 3 or more years of experience with Agile methodology (Scrum)
- 5 or more years of experience in Spring Framework
- 3 or more years of experience with RDBMS and / or Object oriented DB
- Expertise in building RESTful APIs and web applications using Java (12 factor application principles)
- Experience with Spring Web, Spring Boot, Spring Integration
- Experience leading CI/CD implementation for the product (including establishing code quality practices, code merge practices, establishing test automation practices)
- Experience setting up sustainable and automated code quality / review practices
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Strong verbal and written communication skillsCandidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of "must haves." Nice to Haves
- Experience with Spring Batch is a plus
- Experience with NoSQL DB is a plus
- Experience with cloud native app architecture and design principles a huge plus
- Experience with Spring Cloud / Spring Configuration/ Spring Vault is desirable
- Experience with Angular is a plus
- Experience with deploying to containersWhy HSN HSN's unique blend of Retail, Television and eCommerce create a one-of-a-kind working environment. Our employees enjoy a competitive benefit program including health and retirement plans, merchandise discounts, volunteer days, and more. We encourage growth and development across the company. Most importantly, we have fun. Follow HSN Careers on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. To learn more, visit https://jobs.hsn.com.
About HSN, Inc.HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website - HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more.
HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, "Qurate Retail Group"), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com. For more information, please visit corporate.hsn.com, or follow @HSN on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
About Qurate Retail, Inc. Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB) is comprised of eight leading retail brands - QVC, HSN, zulily, Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Garnet Hill, Grandin Road and Improvements (collectively, "Qurate Retail Group") - all dedicated to providing a 'third way to shop,' beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores. Globally, Qurate Retail Group is #1 in video commerce, reaching approximately 370 million homes worldwide via 16 television networks and multiple ecommerce sites, social pages, mobile apps, print catalogs, and in-store destinations, and is #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the US. Qurate Retail, Inc. also holds minority interests in ILG and FTD as well as various green energy investments.
Keywords: HSN, St. Petersburg , Senior Application Developer - Java, IT / Software / Systems , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!