Staff Software Engineer - Embedded Avionics Software
Company: L3Harris Technologies
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: May 19, 2023
Description: Job Title: Staff Software Engineer - Embedded
Avionics SoftwareJob Code: IMS20232302-97628Job Location: Phoenix,
AZ, St. Petersburg, FL, OR Grand Rapid, MISchedule: 9/80 every
other Friday off - hybrid scheduleEssential Functions:
- Avionics Software Engineer
- Lead a team of software engineers and take software technical
ownership of new development programs and/or incremental updates or
sustain the current product line
- Lead the software team through development reviews and
certification milestones such as SRR, PDR, CDR, SOIs etc.
- Collaborate with Systema and HW functional leads to support
full product lifecycle
- Interface to project leadership on all aspects of software
lifecycle and represent organization in customer meetings and
- Performs software engineering tasks for CAS Avionics
development projects in a dynamic environment.
- Tasks include working with a team of engineers developing and
implementing software requirements, coding, and detailed design
documentation. The role will encompass development perspectives of
software requirements test cases, verification procedures, software
branch coverage analysis, code debug, pre and post-integration
test, internal and external problem report investigation, analysis,
- Additional tasks will include generation of DO-178 documents,
maintenance of in-house software tools and contributing to process
- BS Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- 9+ years of experience developing real time embedded
- Technical software team leadership
- Previous experience with DO-178 compliant development is
- Experience leading software SOIs and other design review audits
with internal and external certification authorities
- Experience developing with C programming language a plus.
- Knowledge of engineering design standards for commercial
aviation industry a plus.Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with surveillance products such as Transponder, TCAS
- Experience with Linux and COTS Real Time Operating Systems such
as Green Hills, VxWorks.
- Experience with C++, Python, Visual Basic, Pascal
- Experience with Configuration Management and Change Control
Tools (such as Git, Bitbucket, ClearCase, ClearQuest)
- Experience with Requirement Management tools such as DOORS
- Experience with DevOps concepts and implementations, especially
with Continuous Integration and Continuous Testing aspects
- Written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and
team-working skills required.
- Action oriented, results driven, high energy, self-starter,
innovative with new approaches to design work, influential with
peers and demonstrate critical thinking skills to drive to root
Keywords: L3Harris Technologies, St. Petersburg , Staff Software Engineer - Embedded Avionics Software, IT / Software / Systems , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...