Lead API and Cloud Software Engineer
Company: Raymond James
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: January 19, 2023
As part of the Enterprise Service Technology team, this individual
analyzes complex business requirements and problems and drives
research to design quality technical solutions to build and manage
enterprise API products leveraging cloud service and platform. This
individual will drive the cloud migration initiative of the
enterprise data service. Owning the technology solutions that
ensure the success of such initiative which are measured by
designing, implementing, maintaining and supporting all components
that are delivered on time and within budget. Serves as the primary
point of contact on the most complex or escalated issues and may
provide direction and guidance team members. Applies specialized
business knowledge and cloud technical skills to significant
deliverables and projects that involve multiple IT departments,
business units and have enterprise impact.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyzes complex system requirements, including identifying
program interactions and appropriate interfaces between impacted
components and sub systems.
- Makes recommendations towards the development of new code or to
reuse of existing code.
- Leads or participates in assigned projects, including assigning
tasks, coordinating efforts, and monitoring performance.
- May recommend new technologies and methodologies to management
for meeting business needs, resolving problems and exploiting
opportunities. Remains current with new technologies.
- Obtains and evaluates information on factors such as reporting
formats required, costs, and security needs to determine hardware
- Participates in software system testing and validation
procedures, programming and documentation.
- Provides technical advice and assists in solving programming
- Writes and/or reviews system specifications, including output
requirements and flow charts.
- Assists in preparing project plans using project management
- Reviews test results; documents test activities, and records
- Ensures proper analysis of problems and programming approaches
to prevent rework and schedule slippage.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Hands-on software development primarily in multitier,
- Software design methodologies such as Service Oriented
Architecture, Micro Services Architecture, distributed
architecture, Domain-Driven Design, Multi-Layer Architecture,
Object-Oriented Analysis, and Design.
- Design and development of data-driven, highly scalable and HA
web applications in the distributed environments.
- Programming experience with Java, Spring Framework, SpringBoot,
JPA/Hibernate, Relational Database (Oracle/SQL Server).
- Object-Oriented Programming and Design, Data Structure,
Algorithms, Problem Solving, and Complexity Analysis.
- Container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Cloud computing platform such as AWS or GCP.
- Apigee or Amazon API Gateway for building and managing API
- Software version control tools e.g., GIT.
- Messaging and Streaming platform e.g., ActiveMQ, IBM MQ and
- Build and follow best CI/CD practices.
- NoSQL database, such as DynamoDB, MongoDB.
- Distributed caching e.g., Apache Ignite, Redis and
- APM tool such as Splunk, Dynatrace.
- Agile, Waterfall and Hybrid software development
- Track record of building and delivering mission critical, 24x7
production software systems using Cloud technologies.
- Mentoring junior software engineers in all aspects of software
- Work well in teams, respecting ideas from teammates, business
partners, and technical experts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in Computer Science, MIS or related
degree and a minimum of five (5) years of relevant development or
engineering experience or combination of education, training and
- Experience in the following areas: project management,
enterprise implementation, leadership experience, strategic
planning, business acumen, application development, change
- Prefer Java 8 Certification
- Prefer AWS Certified Solution Architect (SAA or CSA)
At Raymond James our associates use five guiding behaviors
(Develop, Collaborate, Decide, Deliver, Improve) to deliver on the
firm's core values of client-first, integrity, independence and a
conservative, long-term view.
We expect our associates at all levels to:
- Grow professionally and inspire others to do the same
- Work with and through others to achieve desired outcomes
- Make prompt, pragmatic choices and act with the client in
- Take ownership and hold themselves and others accountable for
delivering results that matter
- Contribute to the continuous evolution of the firm
At Raymond James - we honor, value, respect the uniqueness,
experiences, and backgrounds of all of our Associates. When
associates bring their best authentic self, our organization,
clients and communities thrive, it is part of our part of our
people-first culture. The Company is an equal opportunity employer
and makes all employment decisions on the basis of merit and
Primary Location :
US-FL-St. Petersburg-Saint Petersburg
Keywords: Raymond James, St. Petersburg , Lead API and Cloud Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!