Lead Business Analyst, Technology
Company: Raymond James Financial
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Raymond James is seeking a well-rounded Lead Business Analyst to
join our IT Wealth Management development team. This individual
will be responsible for writing system requirements that will
ensure the technology solution will meet the needs of the business.
Requires a high level understanding of systems, industry and
end-user requirements. Demonstrates strong subject matter expertise
and is able to integrate domain knowledge with an understanding of
financial services standards and practices. Is the primary on the
most complex or escalated issues and may provide direction and
guidance team members. Is able to make judgements and
recommendations based on the analysis and interpretation of data.
Demonstrates strong technical and professional skill or knowledge
in position-related areas; remains current with developments and
trends in areas of expertise.Essential Duties and
- Lead the technical deliverables of the team.
- Creates detailed business requirements for functional (e.g.,
business processes, rules) and non-functional (e.g., data,
- Validates test cases to ensure that scripts will evaluate the
business function being performed.
- Gathers and interprets information from multiple sources
(including databases, interviews, etc.) and makes
- Provides support for application development teams including
documenting business processes.
- Translates technical concepts to business audience and business
information to a technical audience.
- May take a lead role in developing estimates and implementation
plans for technical solutions.
- Partners with team members to develop project schedules,
reports and documentation. May be required to act as project lead
on small to medium projects and/or provide direction to others on
- Works with User Experience / Design resources to help visualize
requirements into prototype.
- Understands and applies principles in risk management, issue
tracking and change management.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS or
related degree and five (5) years of relevant experience or
combination of education, training and experience.
- May occasionally work a non-standard shift including nights
and/or weekends and/or have on-call responsibilities.
- May work in a team environment or project room to facilitate
- Experience working in an Information Technology department
specifically focused on application development projects.
- Experience writing business requirement documents (BRDs) and
functional requirement documents (FRDs).
- Full Software Development Lifecycle experience.
- Experience with SQL and common Databases.
- Financial Services experience (general knowledge).Preferred:
- This role prefers subject matter expertise of wealth management
(investment management, and brokerage) and key platforms to define
requirements, and provide definitions of data elements.
- Subject matter expertise on at least one area of Wealth
management (such as Prospecting, Proposal Generation, Financial
Planning, Portfolio Management, SMA/UMA, Rebalancing, Trading and
- Experience working with Team Foundation Server or JIRA or any
other requirement management tool.
- Knowledge of risk management, issue tracking, change management
and requirements gathering.
- Developer moved on to become a BA will be
- None required.Raymond James Guiding Behaviors
At Raymond James our associates use five guiding behaviors
(Develop, Collaborate, Decide, Deliver, Improve) to deliver on the
firm's core values of client-first, integrity, independence and a
conservative, long-term view.
We expect our associates at all levels to:
- Grow professionally and inspire others to do the same
- Work with and through others to achieve desired outcomes
- Make prompt, pragmatic choices and act with the client in
- Take ownership and hold themselves and others accountable for
delivering results that matter
- Contribute to the continuous evolution of the firm
At Raymond James - we honor, value, respect the uniqueness,
experiences, and backgrounds of all of our Associates. When
associates bring their best authentic self, our organization,
clients and communities thrive, it is part of our part of our
people-first culture. The Company is an equal opportunity employer
and makes all employment decisions on the basis of merit and
Job TechnologyPrimary Location US-FL-St. Petersburg-Saint
PetersburgOther Locations US-CO-Denver-DenverOrganization
TechnologySchedule Full-timeShift Day JobTravel NoColorado Wage
Range (based on experience and qualifications) $95,000.00 -
$130,000.00Eligible for Discretionary Bonus Yes
Keywords: Raymond James Financial, St. Petersburg , Lead Business Analyst, Technology, IT / Software / Systems , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!