Senior Business Analyst, Technology - RJ Bank
Company: Raymond James Financial
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: May 12, 2022
This Senior Business Analyst, Technology will act as a partner
with the Raymond James Bank business unit to facilitate and
implement technology solutions (Bank related transactions).
Responsible for writing system requirements that will ensure the
technology solution will meet the needs of the business. Is the
primary on the most complex or escalated issues and may provide
direction and guidance team members. Requires a high level
understanding of systems, industry and end-user requirements. Is
able to make judgements and recommendations based on the analysis
and interpretation of data.Essential Duties and
- Will be the primary point of contact for business stakeholders
for any requirements gathering and analysis.
- Creates detailed business requirements for functional (e.g.,
business processes, rules) and non-functional (e.g., data,
- Validates test cases to ensure that scripts will evaluate the
business function being performed.
- Gathers and interprets information from multiple sources
(including databases, interviews, etc.) and makes
- Provides support for application development teams including
documenting business processes.
- Translates technical concepts to business audience and business
information to a technical audience.
- Participates in developing estimates and implementation plans
for technical solutions.
- Partners with team members to develop project schedules,
reports and documentation. May be required to act as project lead
on small to medium projects and/or provide direction to others on
- Works with User Experience / Design resources to help visualize
requirements into prototype.
- Understands and applies principles in risk management, issue
tracking and change management.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:Knowledge of:
- General knowledge of SDLC, IT methodologies, and IT
- Issue tracking, change management, requirements gathering.
- Agile processes.Skill in:
- Gathering and interpreting information from multiple sources
(including databases, interviews, etc.).
- Writing business requirement document (BRD) and functional
requirement document (FRD).
- Writing simple to intermediate SQL queries is a plus.
- MS Office productsAbility to:
- Ability to run SQL queries in SQL Server / Oracle databases
when needed to research / troubleshoot issue.
- Ability to translate technical concepts to business audience
and business information to a technical audience.
- Identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities;
compare data from different sources to draw conclusions.
- Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media
to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and
helps them understand and retain the message.
- Use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or
developing appropriate solutions; recommend or take action that is
consistent with available facts, constraints and probable
- Demonstrate a satisfactory level of technical and professional
skill or knowledge in position-related areas; remains current with
developments and trends in areas of expertise.
- Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the
accomplishment of work goals.
- Make internal and external clients and their needs a primary
focus of actions; develop and sustain productive client
- Occasionally work a non-standard shift including nights and/or
weekends and/or have on-call responsibilities.
- Work in a team environment or project room to facilitate
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS,
Business or related degree and three (3) to five (5) years of
relevant experience or a combination of education, training and
- Financial Services experience is a
- None required.Raymond James Guiding BehaviorsAt Raymond James
our associates use five guiding behaviors (Develop, Collaborate,
Decide, Deliver, Improve) to deliver on the firm's core values of
client-first, integrity, independence and a conservative, long-term
We expect our associates at all levels to:
- Grow professionally and inspire others to do the same
- Work with and through others to achieve desired outcomes
- Make prompt, pragmatic choices and act with the client in
- Take ownership and hold themselves and others accountable for
delivering results that matter
- Contribute to the continuous evolution of the firmAt Raymond
James - we honor, value, respect the uniqueness, experiences, and
backgrounds of all of our Associates. When associates bring their
best authentic self, our organization, clients and communities
thrive, it is part of our part of our people-first culture. The
Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes all employment
decisions on the basis of merit and business needs.Job
TechnologyPrimary Location US-FL-St. Petersburg-Saint
PetersburgOther Locations United StatesOrganization
TechnologySchedule Full-timeShift Day JobTravel NoEligible for
Discretionary Bonus Yes
Keywords: Raymond James Financial, St. Petersburg , Senior Business Analyst, Technology - RJ Bank, IT / Software / Systems , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!