Company: Sirata Beach Resort & Conferen
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: August 17, 2019
Location: US-FL-St Pete Beach# of Openings: 1Category:
KitchenPosition Type: Regular Full-TimeFLSA Status: Non-ExemptAbout
Welcome to Sirata Beach Resort featuring the newest rooms on St.
Pete Beach! A multifaceted resort surrounded by acres of beautiful
St. Petersburg beaches rated as a top five beach in the United
States, Sirata provides everything our guests need to enjoy a
relaxing stay. Almost nothing compares to the sparkling white sand
setting of our gulf side St. Pete Beach, Florida resort hotel.
As an associate at the Sirata Beach Resort, you can enjoy free
lunch or dinner in our Cafe, discounted hotel rooms, free parking,
tuition reimbursement programs, and so much more. We take care of
you so that you can take care of our guests!
In-depth skills and knowledge of all kitchen operations. Capable of
producing a consistent product to meet and exceed guests' needs in
a timely manner. On a daily basis must monitor food production,
quality and consistency.
- Prepare all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely
- Follow recipes and presentation specifications
- Operate standard kitchen equipment safety and efficiently
- Clean and maintain station in practicing good safety and
- Assist with the cleaning and organization of kitchen and
- Restock items as needed throughout the shift
- Adhere to all sanitation and food production codes
- Prepare food for Banquets, as required, following
specifications on Banquet Event Orders.
- Operate large volume equipment such as ovens, stoves, grills,
microwaves, and fryers to prepare foods.
- Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning,
chopping, and storing food.
- Wash and peel fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients.
- Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards,
presentation standards, and food preparation checklist.
- Prepare cold foods.
- Test foods to determine if they have been cooked
- Monitor food quality while preparing food.
- Set-up and break down work station. Serve food in proper
portions onto proper dishware
- Wash and disinfect kitchen area, tables, tools, knives, and
- Prepare and properly garnish all food orders in accordance with
- Prepare sauces, soups and hot entres in accordance with
- Present food using proper plate presentation technique
- Coordinate completion of menu items with server
- Set up for meal periods by ensuring that stations are set up
based upon anticipated volumes
- Adhere to company standards for safe food handling and
- Keep equipment clean and in proper operating conditions
- Maintain cleanliness and stocks coolers and storage areas
- Complete food requisitions to maintain inventory items
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to stand, walk, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and
talk or hear, and taste or smell.
Frequent stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Able to lift up to 50
Occasional sit, climb or balance.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception,
ability to adjust focus and ability to see color.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regular exposure to extreme heat (non-weather) fumes or airborne
particles, including but limited to exposure to wet or humid
Work near moving mechanical parts, toxic or caustic chemicals,
outdoor weather conditions, extreme cold (non-weather), and extreme
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Hotel experience preferred.
- Finger/hand dexterity in order to operate food machinery with
or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move goods
weighing a maximum of 100 lbs. on a continuous schedule with or
without reasonable accommodation.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to
adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as
effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive
benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental
and financial wellness, creating value in your most important
investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical,
Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your
family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your
financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage,
including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as
Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with
matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel
Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing
HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We
evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected
Keywords: Sirata Beach Resort & Conferen, St. Petersburg , Banquet Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!