Company: HCA Healthcare
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Description IntroductionLast year our HCA Healthcare colleagues
invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As
a(an) Cook with HCA Florida Pasadena Hospital you can be a part of
an organization that is devoted to giving back!BenefitsHCA Florida
Pasadena Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the
health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The
available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare
provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues?
Join the HCA Florida Pasadena Hospital family! We will give you the
tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are
looking for an enthusiastic Cook to help us reach our goals. Unlock
your potential!Job Summary and QualificationsWhat you will do in
- You will prepares, seasons, and cook food for patients, staff,
visitors, and special functions.
- You will review menus to determine types and quantities of
- You Prepares quality food in sufficient quantities to cover all
- You will coordinate timing of preparation in order to meet
service schedules for patients, staff, visitors and catering
- You will adhere to standardization of recipes and portion
control to prevent food waste and control cost.
- You will provide care and sanitation of equipment in production
- You will adhere to sanitation and safety standards (HACCP)
- You will participate in the process of ordering supplies.
- You will give directions to personnel who assist in food
- You will orient and mentors new staff members. What
Qualifications you will need:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Completion of formal training program in food preparation
- Knowledge of basic principles and requirements of food safety
and sanitation required.
- Knowledge of basic principles of nutrition as related to
- Minimum one (1) year of food service experience in quantity
food preparation/production in a hospital, extended care facility,
or other quality food service operation.
- Previous experience in food preparation in a hospital
- Knowledge of basic principles of nutrition as related to
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing,
bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients
and/or equipment up to 20 lbs.
- Ability to deal with stressful situations and to stand for long
- ServSafe Food Protection ManagerThis role requires you to be
fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal
law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is
approved).HCA Florida Pasadena Hospital opened more than forty
years ago. We have provided high-quality healthcare services for
the people of St. Petersburg and the surrounding areas ever since.
Over the years, the hospital has expanded to keep pace with
community growth. The over 300-bed hospital offers a broad range of
inpatient and outpatient services. These include Emergency and
Surgical Services. These also Orthopedics, Surgical Weight
Management, Wound Care, Diagnostics, and Physical Rehabilitation.
South Pasadena is a small, quiet Florida Gulf coast community. It
is nestled conveniently between southwest St. Petersburg and the
southern beaches of Pinellas County. The location is moments from
beautiful white sand Gulf beaches, and excellent shopping. It is
also located near medical facilities, and nearby cultural and
sports events. Over 350 physicians, 700 employees and 200
volunteers share in the hospital's dedication to advanced care.
We're committed to providing high-quality medical care in a
friendly hospital environment. Our facility is equipped with some
of the most advanced medical technology available today. You'll
find the desire to help others in the hearts and minds of all of
our colleagues. We believe excellent people make excellence happen.
If this sounds like the type of meaningful work you'd like to be a
part of, we hope you'll consider our careers at Pasadena Hospital.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical
Companies by Ethisphere Institute for ten consecutive years
(2010-2019). In 2019, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7
billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured
discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."There is so much good
to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr.
Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder Be a part of an organization that invests
in you! We are reviewing applications for our Cook opening.
Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your
application and help us raise the bar in patient care!We are an
equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We
do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, St. Petersburg , Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!