RN Nursing Informatics Specialist
Company: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: November 9, 2019
RN NURSING INFORMATICS SPECIALIST
Requisition #: 198125
Location: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL
Category: Non-Clinical Professional
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Nov. 5, 2019
The RN Nursing Informatics Specialist provides patient centered,
specialized, evidence based nursing care across the continuum
through an interprofessional approach to treatment, research,
education and advocacy. This position will lead/support EMR
projects to facilitate the development and implementation of
automated systems, EMR-based standardized clinical care pathways
and best practices across the organization s care settings. This
position will partner with the Director of Nursing Informatics to
ensure standardize processes are achieved, policy adherence is
maintained within the shared medical record and promote adoption
and efficiency utilizing the continuous improvement
* Ongoing evaluation of clinical workflows resulting in design and
implementation of optimization changes to improve the efficiency
and accuracy of clinician documentation.
* Assist in the development and implementation of EMR training
curriculum for new and existing education needs to promote
organizational adoption and compliance.
* Knowledgeable of current market technology that fosters a
continual optimization framework to advance the strategic mission
of the organization.
* Auditing of clinical documentation to provide individualized
feedback and identify trends to be addressed at a more global level
to improve organization compliance needs.
* Elbow to Elbow support and rounding in clinical areas to interact
with staff to receive feedback, perform on the spot training and
identify issues to promote staff satisfaction.
* Project lead new implementations that includes the collection of
metrics for ROI to support organizational initiatives.
* Works well within a team including: willingness to compromise,
participate in constructive group discussion, be open minded,
willingness to share ideas calmly to promote achievement of goals,
actively participate in meetings, display professional attitude and
promote a cohesive team environment.
* Demonstrates analytical thought processes and responsible for
participating in testing and implementing of enhancements and
updates for EMR and other assigned systems. Works with end users on
EMR development requests or identified documentation challenges
with highest priority issues escalated to leadership.
* Other duties as assigned.
* BSN with current Florida RN License
* Minimum of 3 years clinical operational experience in direct
patient care with a minimum of once year experience participating
in organizational EMR projects as a subject matter expert, project
lead/manager or other related project role
* Experience in Lean Methodology and process improvement
* Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft applications, such as
Word, Powerpoint, Visio and Excel required.
* Informatics Certification within 2 years of hire
* __X__ Ability to move freely (standing, stooping, walking,
bending, pushing and pulling) and lift up to a maximum of Fifty
(50) pounds without assistance
* __X__ Category 1: Job classification is exposed to blood borne
pathogens (blood or bodily fluids) while performing job duties
* Works in a climate controlled office environment with regular use
of a computer
* Daily movement throughout any and all areas of the hospital
* Minimal risk of exposure to hazardous materials and communicable
diseases using universal or stipulated precautions when in patient
* Occasional travel, including driving
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal
Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity
and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical
disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other
status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg , RN Nursing Informatics Specialist, Healthcare , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!