Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA/PCT) Med/Surg Unit (Nights, rotating weekends)
Company: Palms of Pasadena Hospital
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: January 15, 2019
Palms of Pasadena
Palms of Pasadena Hospital opened more than forty years ago and has provided high-quality healthcare services for the people of St. Petersburg and the surrounding areas ever since. Over the years, the hospital has expanded to keep pace with community growth. Today the 307 bed hospital offers a broad range of inpatient and outpatient services along with specialty programs. Over 350 physicians, 700 employees and 200 volunteers share in the hospital's dedication to advanced care, improved technologies and medical expertise.
The CNA performs a variety of delegated basic patient care services related to common nursing functions and activities of daily living under the supervision of the registered nurse (RN) in a complementary and assistive role. He/she assists the nursing staff in providing patient care in accordance to the PCT's training, competence and skills, hospital policies and procedures and the State Board of Nursing rules for delegated nursing tasks to unlicensed personnel. Consistently assists the patient care team with maintaining a clean, well-organized, adequately stocked and safe patient care environment.
Under the supervision of the RN, performs delegated patient care activities as directed and ordered in accordance with one's training, competence and skill. Delegated tasks may include:
- Obtaining vital signs, height and weight, intake and output, calorie counts, application of ice/heat, and/or simple non-sterile dressing changes.
- Safe patient handling: Turning and positioning, use of specialty beds, patient transfer and use of transfer devices, ambulation assistance and use of assistive devices, restraint alternatives, oxygen use and transport, suction use, pre-operative skin preparation and/or use of sequential compression devices (SCD).
- Specimen collection to include blood collection for bedside glucose testing. Correctly labels all lab specimens
- Assists the RN to collect data from patients on admission for patient processing and assists with patient transfer or discharge preparations as instructed.
- Assists patients with performing activities of daily living to include bathing, shaving, oral care, toileting, grooming, changing linens, providing water, ambulation, assisting with meal delivery and feeding as directed.
- Performs hourly rounding, consistently uses AIDET when interacting with patients and answers and responds to call lights timely.
- Provides supports by promoting consistent positive patient interactions that advance the agenda of unparalleled patient service.
- CNA certification with the State of Florida
- Basic Cardiac Life Support
- 1 year(s) of previous PCT experience in a healthcare setting, preferred
Keywords: Palms of Pasadena Hospital, St. Petersburg , Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA/PCT) Med/Surg Unit (Nights, rotating weekends), Healthcare , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!