Registered Nurse - RN Critical Care FT/Nights
Company: Northside Hospital & Tampa Bay Heart Institute
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: January 15, 2019
Northside Hospital is seeking a compassionate nurse who is dedicated to saving lives to join our Trauma ICU family. Our Trauma Program will formally begin May 1, 2017, allowing us to accept patients at our hospital. Apply online today! Sign-on & Relocation Bonuses are available!
Named a Top Workplace in Tampa Bay for four consecutive years, Northside Hospital is a 288-bed facility serving the community since 1976. Northside is located in the heart of Pinellas County only minutes from the pristine Gulf coast beaches as well as the thriving city life of downtown St. Petersburg, FL. As the first Comprehensive Stroke Center in St. Petersburg, our technologically advanced facility allows our superior physicians and nursing staff to care for our growing community. With campus-based specialized units, such as the Tampa Bay Heart Institute, and the Neuroscience Institute for Interventional Neuroradiology and neurologic care, Northside Hospital continues to enhance and expand its services to better serve the St. Petersburg community. Excelling in Patient Safety, we are the only hospital in St. Petersburg to earn an "A" in the Leapfrog Fall 2015 Hospital Safety Score. Northside also received a 3 Star (highest available) Quality Rating from the Society of Cardiothoracic Surgeons.
At Northside, Healing Comes from the HEART. Click here to watch our team talk about how our Values define our culture at Northside Hospital. We provide the highest quality of care in a warm, personalized setting for the patients we serve. We pride ourselves on both our professionalism and compassion. Our staff is comprised of dedicated professionals who have worked for Northside any length of time, ranging from 2 years to 38 years. We foster an environment where you will be supported, valued and encouraged to grow.
- Number of beds: 28
- Scope of Service: Patients that fit ICU admission criteria for Trauma and Neuro ICU. The major diagnostic groups include neuro and trauma patients but also may include medical surgical patients with cardiac diseases, and lateral transfers from ICU and CVI with cardiac, respiratory, neurological, surgical or multisystem diseases. These patients are in need of continuous EKG or hemodynamic monitoring, ventilator support or a higher acuity of care than that of a general medical-surgical unit, PCU, or CTU, NSU.
- Patient Population: The populations served are adolescents age 18 and above, adults and geriatrics.
- Services Provided: Management of a variety of patients requiring trauma and neurological care. Neurological Interventions include coilings for aneurysms and embolization. Neuro surgery includes craniotomies for tumor resections, aneurysm clippings, burr holes for subdural hematomas, and insertion of drains, ventriculaostomies and VP shunts. In addition we provide comprehensive Stroke Care.
- Typical Procedures: Bronchoscopy, EEG, Central line placement, thoracentesis, chest tube placements, EGD and colonoscopy.
- Major Equipment Used: Ventilators, hemodynamic monitoring, precept catheters, Ventrics, drains.
- Nursing Diploma or ASN required; BSN preferred
- Current Florida State Registered Nurse license
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) through American Heart Association required
- Current ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) required
- Current TNCC required or obtained within 90 days
- National Institute of Health (NIH) Stroke Scale certification required - available online at www.strokeassociation.org
- Minimum 1 year Critical Care/ICU RN experience required; prior Trauma experience preferred
- Critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, PC skills
Keywords: Northside Hospital & Tampa Bay Heart Institute, St. Petersburg , Registered Nurse - RN Critical Care FT/Nights, Healthcare , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!