Registered Nurse RN Outpatient Services F/T Days
Company: Northside Hospital & Tampa Bay Heart Institute
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: January 15, 2019
Northside Hospital is seeking a SDS (Same Day Surgery) Registered Nurse to join our expanding Surgical Services team!
Named a Top Workplace in Tampa Bay for three consecutive years, Northside Hospital is a 288-bed facility serving the community since 1976. Northside is located in the heart of Pinellas County only minutes from the pristine Gulf coast beaches as well as the thriving city life of downtown St. Petersburg, FL. As the first Comprehensive Stroke Center in St. Petersburg, our technologically advanced facility allows our superior physicians and nursing staff to care for our growing community. With campus-based specialized units, such as the Tampa Bay Heart Institute, and the Neuroscience Institute for Interventional Neuroradiology and neurologic care, Northside Hospital continues to enhance and expand its services to better serve the St. Petersburg community.Excelling in Patient Safety, we are the only hospital in St. Petersburg to earn an "A" in the Leapfrog Fall 2015 Hospital Safety Score. Northside also received a 3 Star (highest available) Quality Rating from the Society of Cardiothoracic Surgeons .
At Northside, Healing Comes from the HEART. Click here to watch our team talk about how our Values define our culture at Northside Hospital. We provide the highest quality of care in a warm, personalized setting for the patients we serve. We pride ourselves on both our professionalism and compassion. Our staff is comprised of dedicated professionals who have worked for Northside any length of time, ranging from 2 years to 38 years. We foster an environment where you will be supported, valued and encouraged to grow.
- Number of Staff: 16
- 11 Total SDS/Pre-Op Beds
- 2 GI Procedure Rooms
- Type of Procedures Performed: Assessment of Pre-op patients, monitoring of post-procedure GI and Radiology patients, Insertion of PICC lines, Assist with A-lines, Endoscopy cases
- 500 SDS patients per month; 3-20 daily Endo procedures (bronchoscopy, EGD, ERCP, colonoscopy, polypectomy)
- Skill Mix: RNs, LPNs, Patient Transporters
- Major Equipment Used: Patient monitors, glucose monitors, ultrasound machine (for PICC lines), computers, IV pumps and supplies; video systems and endoscopes in Endoscopy
- Special Competencies/Skills Needed: IV skills required
- Schedules: 8-10 hour shifts, Monday-Friday (with on-call requirements for PICC line insertion and Endoscopy teams)
- Dress code: Scrubs (individual provides their own)
- Nursing Diploma or ASN required; BSN preferred.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in an outpatient surgery environment
- Current Florida State Registered Nurse license
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) required
- ACLS Required
Keywords: Northside Hospital & Tampa Bay Heart Institute, St. Petersburg , Registered Nurse RN Outpatient Services F/T Days, Healthcare , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!