Certified Surgical Technologist
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: May 19, 2023
SurgCenter Northeast, LLC was established in 2013 by a leading
group of physicians in their fields to offer safe, high-quality
surgical care to our community.--OUR SPECIALTIES INCLUDE:
- Hand Surgery
- Spine Surgery
- Pain Management
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- ENT.--We are currently hiring a FULL TIME--Certified Surgical
- Monday to Friday schedule
- No Weekends
- No Holidays
- No On Call--Position Description:
- The main role of the Surgical Scrub Tech is to anticipate the
needs of the surgical team.
- Establish and maintains a sterile field during surgical
procedures in the operating room.--Duties Include:
- Ensures sterility of all supplies and instruments during set up
of surgical procedures.
- Assists circulating nurse and surgical team in maintaining a
- Assists circulating nurse in gathering necessary surgical
supplies and equipment. Is responsible for doing sponge, needle,
and instrument count pre-operatively and intra-operative with the
- Gowns and gloves surgeons and assistants.
- Assists in keeping physician preference cards
- Retains all specimens to be sent to pathology, confirming the
source/name of the specimen with the surgeon.
- Transports all surgical equipment to appropriate cleaning
areas. Assists in sterile supply with cleaning and reprocessing of
- Interacts appropriately and effectively with all
patients/others regardless of age or ethnic background.
- Uses Standard Universal Precautions, appropriate hand hygiene,
personal protective equipment, and safe practices to ensure
personal safety and a safe environment.
- Assists with environmental hazard and infection control
surveillance and participates in emergency preparedness
- Follows all equipment and safety guidelines and is responsible
for knowledgeable use and care of equipment.
- Serves as a resource to other members of the health care
- Attends in-services, conferences, and meetings as
- Communicates effectively and courteously with visitors,
physicians, and their office staff, patients, and employees.
- Maintains patient, physician, and employee privacy and
confidentiality per policy.
- Maintains designated certifications such as CPR, as offered by
- Acts by the vision, mission, and business philosophy of the
- Complies with Policies and Procedures, and adheres to safety
guidelines to ensure a safe work and patient care
environment.--What We OfferAs a valued member of USPI, your health,
and well-being are important to us.We are proud to provide you and
your dependents with valuable and significant benefits.USPI knows
the value of well-rounded, balanced employees, which is why we
offer a variety of additional benefits to help manage life's daily
- Competitive wages--
- Opportunities to better yourself professionally--
- Health, Dental & Vision Coverage--
- 401(k) retirement plan--
- Paid Time Off (PTO)--
- Company Paid Holidays--
- Employee Assistance Programs--
- Health Savings Account/ Flexible Spending Account--
- Education Assistance--
- Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability Insurance--
- No Weekends, Holidays, or On Call--Required Skills:USPI
complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory
vaccination of its workforce.-- If you are offered this position
and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be
required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of
a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date.-- If you
receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be
required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the
law.--Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an
applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status
or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable
accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless
doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Keywords: USPI, St. Petersburg , Certified Surgical Technologist, Healthcare , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...