Nursing Faculty-Maternal Health
Company: HCA Healthcare
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Description SHIFT: Mixed (Rotating Weekends)
Weekend and Evening Courses are available and may be required for
Teaching Experience is not required to be considered!
Galen College of Nursing is a vibrant and growing, single-purpose
nursing college focused on expanding access to quality nursing
education. Our culture is at the forefront of everything we do.
Galen's fundamental goals are to be the best place for nursing
education and the best place to work and one cannot be true without
At Galen College of Nursing, we want to ensure your needs are met.
We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision
plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match - 3%-9% of pay based on years of
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Mental Health Coverage
- Discounted Tuition on Galen's MSN Program
- Break Weeks between Quarters
- 12 paid Holidays off
Learn more about Employee Benefits
As you consider joining Galen, please carefully consider how you
will model the culture we embrace and look to sustain. A culture
where good ideas can come from anywhere and transparency is vital.
Respect, accountability and integrity are non-negotiables, and
commitment is created and sustained through the development of all
employees. We care about each other and our students. We look for
ways to exceed expectations and we are always looking for ways to
improve and grow, while delivering the promise of extraordinary
nursing education, matched only by a commitment to our students'
If you feel our culture aligns with your strength of experience,
attitude and authentic desire to work with great people to help
changes lives, we'd love to talk!
Galen College of Nursing is looking for Full- Time Nursing Faculty.
Nursing Faculty are responsible for engaging in the full scope of
the academic nurse educator role. These responsibilities include
facilitate learning and learner development; use assessment and
evaluation strategies; participate in curriculum development,
implementation, and evaluation; evaluation of program outcomes;
ongoing development of the nurse educator role; engage in
scholarship; develop and function as a leader and change agent; and
function within the educational environment. This role must be
fulfilled in accordance with rules and regulations of the state and
federal regulatory and accrediting bodies.
- Creates an environment that facilitates students' learning and
achievement of desired student learning and program
- Implements a variety of teaching strategies appropriate to
learner needs, desired learner outcomes, content, and
- Uses information technologies and eLearning technology to
support the teaching-learning process.
- Provides resources to students that help meet their individual
- Helps students develop as nurses and integrate the values and
behaviors expected of those who fulfill that role.
- Serves as a faculty advisor to assist students in short-term
program and goal achievement and long-range career
- Serves as a role model of professional nursing.
- Uses a variety of strategies to assess and evaluate student
learning in all settings (classroom, lab, or clinical) and all
domains (cognitive, psychomotor, and affective) of
- Effectively serves as an examiner during the conduct of
Competency Performance Evaluations (CPE). (Prelicensure nursing
- Provides timely, constructive, and thoughtful written/verbal
feedback to students regarding course performance and progress
toward the achievement of learning outcomes.
- Provides input into the use of teaching strategies and
- Implements a curriculum that has clearly articulated program
student learning outcomes (PSLOs), which are used to organize the
curriculum, guide the delivery of instruction, direct learning
activities, and evaluate student progress.
- Ensures that the curriculum incorporates established
professional standards, guidelines, and competencies; and reflects
current nursing and healthcare trends, and prepares graduates
function effectively in the healthcare environment.
- Participates in professional development activities that
increase socialization to and effectiveness of the faculty
- Uses feedback obtained through self, peer, student, and
administrative evaluations to increase role effectiveness.
- Maintains the professional practice knowledge and expertise in
areas of responsibility needed to help students prepare for
contemporary nursing practice.
- Demonstrates commitment to the College's mission and values of
inspiring and fostering
excellence, compassion, accountability, and inclusivity.
- Provides input into the selection of learning resources and
- Implements policies and procedures as outlined in the Student
Catalog, Faculty Handbook, and
College Policy & Procedure Manual.
- Communicates effectively and professionally (verbal, nonverbal,
- Collaborates with faculty (theory, lab, and clinical) to
promote continuity between all components of the course, including
monitoring the appropriate faculty to student ratios in clinical
experiences. (Prelicensure nursing faculty ONLY)
- Collaborates with preceptors to facilitate students' experience
in the practice setting.
(Postlicensure nursing faculty ONLY)
- Projects a professional image in attire, appearance, and
behavior in all settings (educational and healthcare).
- Documents students' attendance into CampusVue as outlined in
the Faculty Handbook.
- Unencumbered Nursing License in this state
- Minimum of a BSN degree, MSN Preferred
Full-time faculty with the minimum Bachelor Science in Nursing
degree must enroll in a Graduate in Nursing program within six (6)
months from hire date. The employee must remain actively enrolled
in a Graduate in Nursing program until completion. Prior to the
initial 90-day employee performance evaluation, the individual must
submit the following documentation to the Program Director:
acceptance letter from enrolled school and timeline for completion
of Graduate degree. This education plan will be reviewed at least
annually with progress reports provided to the campus on
Physical/Mental Demands and Work Environment: If performing nursing
duties related to clinical instruction (especially patient contact)
hazards may include needle sticks, blood and bodily fluid exposure,
or any other hazard a Registered Nurse (RN) might be exposed to in
the normal performance of nursing care. Position requires mental
activity, reading, planning, preparing, evaluating, and decision
making. Physical demands in the classroom and office are minimal
and are considered sedentary work with occasional lifting and/or
carrying such articles as records, files, and books (10 pounds
maximum). Operation of standard office equipment such as phone,
computer, classroom projector, Scantron, and printer/scanner occurs
on a frequent basis. Physical demands in the clinical area may
include lifting, pulling, pushing,
kneeling, stooping, crouching, bending, or any other related
activity to patient care. Position requires regular attendance, and
may require evening or weekend hours, and travel to clinical sites
and extended classrooms.
Day, evening, or weekend classes may be assigned to Faculty as
needed to accommodate student or College needs.
Galen College Values:
Inclusivity: I foster an environment that provides opportunity for
every individual to reach their full potential.
Character: I act with integrity and compassion in all I do.
Accountability: I own my role and accept responsibility for my
Respect: I value every person as an individual with unique
contributions worthy of consideration.
Excellence: I commit myself to the highest level of quality in
everything I do.
At Galen College of Nursing, we offer a unique educational
experience we call Pure Nursing. With a focus on nursing education,
our knowledgeable and caring faculty and staff take personal
interest in helping our students achieve their goals. Galen is
regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and
Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award Associate,
Baccalaureate, and Master's Degrees. Our baccalaureate degree in
nursing program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate
Nursing Education (CCNE), and the associate and master's degree in
nursing programs are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for
Education in Nursing (ACEN). For complete information related to
Galen's accreditation status, please visit our website.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, St. Petersburg , Nursing Faculty-Maternal Health, Healthcare , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!