Ops Registered Nurse - 64853702 1 - Med Surg
Company: State of Florida
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Ops Registered Nurse - 64853702 1Requisition No: 791806
Agency: Department of Health
Working Title: OPS REGISTERED NURSE - 64853702 1
Position Number: 64853702
Salary: $30.00-$31.00 per hour
Posting Closing Date: 01/20/2023
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with the
Florida Department of Health in Pinellas County. If you are looking
to establish a successful career in Public Health, you have come to
the right place. Many of our innovative and successful health
programs are recognized throughout Florida. We hope you decide to
join our team! Applicants will be contacted directly if selected
for an interview.
The incumbent is part of a global public health organization and is
expected to support the Florida Department of Health in Pinellas
County in its mission to protect, promote and improve the health of
all people in Florida through integrated state, county and
community efforts and its efforts and its vision To be the
Healthiest State in the Nation. Furthermore, the incumbent is
expected to incorporate the agency values of Innovation,
Collaboration, Accountability, Responsiveness and Excellence in all
aspects of their work.
OPS Registered Nurse
The Department of Health in Pinellas has an OPS Registered Nurse
position open in the Medical Services Program. The successful
applicant will work primarily in the Immunization Department
providng children and adult immunizations in a fast pased
enviroment. This postion could also involve work in the Family
Planning and STD clinics. The sucessful applicant will evaluate
clients in a variety of settings within the scope of Florida State
and Federal guidelines. The successful applicant will be requried
to work at five different Health Department Clinic sites as
Your Specific Responsibilities:
* Provides direct services to clients including: immunization,
administration of ordered medications, pregnancy testing,
tuberculosis testing and other testing or services which fall
within nursing practice
* Offers education and information on family planning methods and
* Counsels clients on basic health promotion and risk behaviors,
including but not limited to: communicable disease control,
maternal and child health, family planning, nutrition, growth and
development, safety and anticipatory guidance
* Advises and counsels clients on health promotion, STD & HIV risk
reduction, and care and management of disease
* Completes assignments and functions independently
* Follows policies and procedures, including standing orders
* Meets productivity expectations for this position
* Assists examiners as needed
* Documents all observations and actions accurately utilizing the
electronic record, and the Florida Shots Registry
* Complies with HIPAA guidelines and the Florida Department of
Health's Information Security Policy ensuring client information is
secure 100% of the time
* Performs other duties as required
* Keeps supervisor informed
* Attends staff meetings as required
* Attends training for personal and professional growth
* Meets annual training requirements
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Ability to prioritize responsibilities
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working
* Skill in use of a personal computer
* Knowledge of patient confidentiality laws
* Use multiple computer programs and software such as Microsoft
office to retrieve and/or input data.
* Independent problem solving skills
* Strong verbal communication and listening skills
* Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with others
* Ability to manage diverse situations
* Clear and active license in the State of Florida to practice as a
* Current valid Florida Driver's License or able to obtain one
within 30 days of employment
* Access to private transportation and willing to travel to other
locations and provide coverage as needed
* At least one year of experience working with an electronic
* At least one year of experience working as a Registered Nurse
* At least one year of experience working in a public health
* Experience giving adult and children's vaccinations
Florida Department of Health Mission, Vision, and Values:
To protect, promote & improve the health of all people in Florida
through integrated state, county & community efforts.
To be the Healthiest State in the Nation.
I nnovation: We search for creative solutions and manage resources
C ollaboration: We use teamwork to achieve common goals & solve
A ccountability: We perform with integrity & respect.
R esponsiveness: We achieve our mission by serving our customers &
engaging our partners.
E xcellence: We promote quality outcomes through learning &
continuous performance improvement.
Where You Will Work:
Various Health Department clinics located in St. Pete, Pinellas
Park, Largo, Clearwater and Tarpon Springs, Florida
Please be advised:
Your responses to qualifying questions for this position must be
verifiable by documentation provided through the electronic
This position requires a security background check and/or drug
screening and participation in direct deposit. Note: You will be
required to provide your Social Security Number (SSN) in order to
conduct this background check.
Male applicants born on or after October 1, 1962, will not be
eligible for hire or promotion unless they are registered with the
Selective Services System (SSS) before their 26th birthday, or have
a Letter of Registration Exemption from the SSS. For more
information, please visit the SSS website: http://www.sss.gov
If you are a retiree of the Florida Retirement System (FRS), please
check with the FRS on how your current benefits will be affected if
you are re-employed with the State of Florida. Your current
retirement benefits may be canceled, suspended or deemed ineligible
depending upon the date of your retirement.
The successful candidate will be required to complete the Form I-9
and that information will be verified using the E-Verify system.
E-Verify is operated by the Department of Homeland Security in
partnership with the Social Security Administration to verify
Incumbents may be required to perform emergency duty before,
during, and/or beyond normal work hours or days.
Florida has the third largest population of veterans in the nation
with more than 1.5 million service men and women. The Florida
Department of Health (department) is committed to serving members
of the United States Armed Forces, veterans and their families by
encouraging them to apply for vacancies that fit their area of
knowledge and/or expertise. Through the Department's VALOR program,
which expedites licensing for military veterans, the Department
also waives initial licensing and application fees for military
veterans who apply for a health care professional license within 60
months of an honorable discharge. These initiatives help ensure
that the transition from military service into the workforce is as
smooth as possible and reflects our appreciation for the dedication
devoted to protecting our country.
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative
Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence
in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the
Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring
authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735).
Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to
allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees
are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with
Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.
Nearest Major Market: Tampa
Keywords: State of Florida, St. Petersburg , Ops Registered Nurse - 64853702 1 - Med Surg, Healthcare , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!